Busy but Undeterred

Yesterday was a very busy day, it made me feel exhausted, but I still managed to get in my half hour cardio session before work, and a kick-a** bi/tri workout last night.  By the time I left the gym last night, my arms were so pumped my mind's eye was telling me I must look like Arnold, but the mirror told me the truth.  There is definitely some muscle tone poking its head out from under all the fat, but there is still a lot of work to do.  I did get to learn a few new moves/pieces of equipment and that is always fun for me, it keeps it interesting.
This morning I was so very sleepy when my alarm went off, but I got up and did my half hour of cardio anyway.  I walked outside, the sky just barely shifting to blue from the night's blackness, stars still twinkling brightly.  The crisp air did a nice job of waking me, and by the time I got back home I was actually feeling awake, warm and content.  My exhaustion this week stems from work-related chaos/stress due to a wildly popular employee sale, but it will be ending after this week, and things will return to a nice, normal pace again.  It is making me crazy that it's so busy, and I work alone, somedays I work straight through my lunch and don't get to eat.  So my 3-hour span between meals has been compromised during the day, which in turn compromises my energy level.  But I am doing what I can.  I have conquered stressful times before, and I will again, this time it will not involve shoving food mindlessly into my mouth because to try to drown the stress. 
Since I began the Live Fit Trainer, my take on the weekend has changed.  Instead of looking forward to it because it is an opportunity to binge on junk, now I look forward to the weekend for because of the opportunity to sleep in, rest my sore muscles, and enjoy a slower-paced day or two with my family.  Don't get me wrong, I still love to have a cheat meal on the weekend, and I do so look forward to it, but food isn't the focal point of my weekend anymore.  That is a huge mental victory!  I wish I could pin point how that change came about, but really I think it is simply from putting in so much work all week that my body is more focused on rest than food.  It is a very positive shift that I am not taking for granted!
Tonight I will work my chest.  If this week's workouts are any indication, I will be sore a little longer that in the past.  With the workouts changing bi-weekly and the weight increasing slowly, I am feeling the difference.  I am still a bit sore from Saturday's back workout, that's longer than it usually takes me to recover, but I was doing new movements and heavier weights.  It will lead to great growth.
I like the way lifting weights makes me feel, tough and smart.  I am no longer uncomfortable to be in the gym, weaving my way in and out of men heaving weights around, I'm not afraid to make noise if I am digging down to the deepest depths to get that last rep out, and I'm not afraid of looking at the equipment to see what it is and what it does.  I really don't care about what anyone thinks of me and my workout, I leave everything I have in that gym, and that is me conquering my mountain for the day.  To do any less would be...redundant.  And disappointing. 
Well here I am, actually getting a lunch break today, slightly quieter at work.  I am going to go enjoy the peace while it lasts.
Hope your week is going smoothly!

Comments

  1. I love how you describe the sky at your early morning workout, nice writing. You sound like you are getting some amazing results at the gym too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tony! I guess the results I am getting in the gym will be evident enough in the photos I take at the end of the program. It does help that the gym has very flattering lights, and I can see all the muscles really nicely there.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts