503 and Counting

Today I met my 500 minutes of Peleton classes challenge!
I actually had 503 minutes as of the end of my workout today. Part of me felt like I could just do whatever I want for exercise now, but I think I'm going to keep pushing to see how many minutes I can add in the next 9 days of the challenge. Those who complete the challenge are entered in a drawing for gift cards but really I am grateful for this challenge because it really motivated me to get moving again. I know these things are transient, but I already lost 1 pound of the 2 I gained over the weekend. I have been sticking to no sweeteners except when I am having a meal and honestly I think I am finally getting used to plain water enough that, for the hassel of having a separate glass for meals and getting it ready, I can see myself giving it up rather than making such a big deal about having it, but I will finish this week and see what happens with my weight. I do miss chewing gum sometimes, I think I'll save the container I have for those times of the month when progesterone makes me want to eat everything in site. Gum is always a better option that taking in calories my body doesn't need. I have started drinking my first of 2 cups of coffee right when I get up in the morning instead of waiting until I get to my desk to start work. It definitely helps but my brain still feels a little foggy like it takes me longer to process information than usual. Today I decided I am going to give a month and if I feel like a zombie or have difficulty focusing the whole time, I may just allow it back in. I don't want it to affect my work. On the other hand, I have been sleeping so so good since I made this switch, so it will be interesting to see if I can adapt without it. Other than that, everything is going as planned. I tried browned butter bites this week, finally caving to the hype in all the keto groups. It's literally melting butter until it browns then pouring in into a mold (or parchment lined baking sheet) and put it in the freezer until it solidifies. The butter gets these brown crunchy bits and I didn't believe people were saying it's like having a decadent caramel but I had to try it. I can tell you it took me a bit to get used to because as you might imagine they are very rich, but they are really good! I could forsee myself keeping a supply on hand for those times when a meal doesn't hold me over as long as I want it to or for helping to prolong a fast. I also tried a recipe to make keto bread and it is a massive fail, it didn't rise properly so it's about a quarter of the size of a slice of packaged bread, which makes having a sandwich really tricky! LOL! Fortunately I have leaf lettuce so my sandwich is now a lettuce wrap! Such are my crazy keto adventures for today.

Comments

  1. I don't think I would like butter bites. Of course I am not much of a fan of caramel either. Congrats on hitting your goal. It really sounds like you have this lifestyle change down good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The butter bites are not for everyone for sure!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts