Strange Changes

Today was the second kind of slow day at work, which was such a stress relief.  I actually caught myself taking deep, cleansing breaths and exhaling long sighs of contentment.  
I get commissions on my sales, but I appreciate a break every now and then.  It gave me a chance to google some of the strange symptoms I've been having, the massive hair loss, rapid weight gain, joint pain, inability to warm up when everyone else says the room temp is perfect, extreme exhaustion, foggy brain, and my latest weird symptom, my finger nails are starting to change, flattening and bumps or pits out of them.  A lot of the sign of hypothyroidism are similar or the same as iron deficiency, but I already take 325mg/day (12mg is the normal amount women need).  So if I am still somehow deficient, that would lead me to believe something more serious is underlying.  On the other hand, I read that most Drs only do one test for thyroid function, TSH, and that particular test can come out normal when the others will tell the real story.  I was only given that one test, and I was on the upper end of normal.  The more I read about what your fingernails say about your health, the more I was convinced not to ignore my gut. Most changes in nails happen due to systemic issues.  So tomorrow I am going to finally get some blood work done that's been waiting for me since before Christmas. Just lipids ( to check my cholesterol ) and vitamin D since she upped my dose.  It will be interesting to see if my cleaner diet, including the Garcinia Cambogia has paid off in my blood work.  And I will likely schedule an appointment soon to discuss my other symptoms.  
I did read that some people have a side effect of sleepiness when taking GC, so I cut my dose back a little.  As it is, most days I only remember to take it twice a day instead of 3 times.  I think I'll take a break from it when this bottle runs out, to see how I feel off of it.  
Today I heard those beautiful words we fat girls LIVE to hear, "Are you losing weight?"  It came from my favorite coworker, a busy retinology nurse that it get too see all too sparsely.  It made me feel great!  Even though the scale cheated me last week and the measuring tape was a big meany, I FEEL thinner, and maybe in some miraculous way I am.  I don't dwell on the numbers right now, I'm in a good place.  That is, when I have the energy to move!
So glad tomorrow is Friday!  Hope you all have a great weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts