Don't Forget Joy

My testament for Diatomaceous Earth is that it kills just about everything.  Fast.  One treatment and the fleas are a thing of the past.  Oh how wonderful it is to sleep again!  That is one big itchy lesson learned!  Plus, having to vacuum every day was a huge eye opener as to how much hair my family loses on the daily!  Anyway, I am so happy to say we are moving on from that fiasco!
With Monthly Meany easing up I can also start to turn my focus back to things that make me feel good.  The kids have about 3 weeks of school left, then I will gain a whole extra hour in the mornings.  I plan to take my dog for real walks instead of just bringing around the conservency, which is probably where he got the fleas in the first place.  It will be good in several ways, gets us both exercise, helps me feel more awake, and I'll have a better chance to train him leash skills more consistently.  Plus, I can drink in all the beauty of the morning, hear the birds chirping more and see the sunrise. 
I'm still not sure my thyroid medicine is making a huge difference, but I'll wait to judge it until my other hormones level back out.  I do still wake up feeling really groggy and my eyes are all puffy.  The medicine seemed to make a big difference in the first couple weeks, then it sort of felt like it dropped off and I have been reverting to using more caffeine to compensate.  I may see a doctor sooner than the 6 months the nurse recommended.  I would think for a new medicine they would want to monitor it more closely but I'm not doctor, that's for sure!
The weather has been nice and everything is BLOOMING (sorry for allergy suferers) and nature coming back to life makes me feel so FANTASTIC!  I find myself standing under trees looking up and admiring all the biological interactions it took for the tree to get to that point, and everything it weathered in order to survive and bloom like a sky full of magnificent fireworks.  Nature, trees in particular, is very therapudic for me and I am revelling in the greeness of everything surrounding me right now. 
Which is good because I have been irritable otherwise, but then I bring my dog out and I am surrounded by the quiet and beauty and I let out a deep, healing sigh and remind myself of what really matters.  It's really hard to let all the little stuff go sometimes, I am such a worrier and I feel like everyone expects me to solve all their problems, which really is a burden on me.  But I have to remember that I have every right to say no.  I don't say no often enough, and that is totally on me.  So that is one thing I am going to work on this summer.  Others are to refocus on longevity and remember how I want to age and what I have to do to make it a reality.  I want to make my heart stronger/efficient, I hope I can do that without medicine but I'm OK if it takes medicine to help me out.  I want to stave off diabetes and make my cholesterol better.  I want to be more flexible and hurt less.  I need shoes that fit better for work.  I want to complain less and find the joy and positives more. All good goals to keep in mind, and I think that when I feel myself starting to stress out I can look at my goals and ask how much that stressor is going to really have a long-term effect on my goals.  I bet I'll be able to let things go a lot easier. 
So that is where I am at, looking forward and seeing that the road can go wherever I decide it goes.  Most of my goals are very acheivable and don't take the moving of mountains to accomplish.  I think the biggest one is my mindset and trying to not let myself dwell in the negatives, that automatically makes me not feel like taking care of myself or working on goals.  Positive mindset is everything, isn't it? 
For no reason other than the fact that I find this completely magical, enchanting, magnificent, here is a photo from a local artist, Dave Heilman.  Forget-me-not's blanketing the earth like a flower-stream of joy!  Happy Wednesday!

Comments

Popular Posts