Yeah, About that...

I put a little time into researching the keto diet, and man!  People sure know how to complicate things!  Some say don't use sweetners some say it's OK (Stevia is what I use).  Some say berries are OK, some say absolutely no fruit.  What a complicated mess. Anyway, I looked at the list of things you can eat and right now everything I am eating this week is already on the list of stuff I can eat.  Researching all the do's and don't stuff really made me feel like I was being triggered by restrictive feelings, just the fact that I can't have a simple apple is a little ridiculous to me. 
So I don't think keto is for me, but I am going to continue doing what feels right for me which is having most of my carbs come from produce and some dairy. 
One change that I am going to follow through on is the exercise.  Last night I did planks, which is what my chiropractor preaches til he's blue in the face.  I did 1 minute, 45 seconds and 50seconds consecutively.  I also did some glute and hip strengthening work.  Honestly, some of it I can do in my bed while I'm scrolling Facebook so it's insane not to.  Tonight I may do some squats and side steps.  I did find this handy little chart on Pinterest:
Core Killer. I do not own the rights to this photo.

This all looks doable and I bet it would be a good way to hit multiple areas and not get bored doing the same few things over and over.  I have also been thinking of researching pilates, I really don't know much about it but I have heard of people gaining strength and flexibility from it.  This is the first time in a while that I have actually committed to the idea of exercising again.  I think I'm in the right mindset, approaching it as more of a desire to be strong, mobile and have less pain.  Or maybe, more simply, aging more gracefully than I would have if I hadn't changed course.  I am starting to form a plan of how and when, and will experiment with what works best for me. That's all we can do, right?  Live from the gut, make plans, take action and tweak as you go. 

Comments

Popular Posts