Breakfast Pizza

I am not one to post recipes, but I think it speaks volumes when I can eat something for 3 weeks in a row and not be sick of it.  The photos are not pretty, I don't have some fancy camera with beautiful lighting, and I am not posting nutritional info because there is so much variance in ingredients.  Still, I think this is a very simple and tasty recipe someone might like.  I call it Breakfast Pizza.
I am not a fan of cauliflower crust.  I have tried it about 4 times and can never get it to feel like crust.  So I came up with the idea of egg white patties.  I have been using these for years for bagel sandwiches etc so why not pizza?  I buy mine pre-packaged, but you could make your own and freeze them. 
Ingredients used (less the tea stash in the back):

Step one: place one egg patty on a microwave-safe plate.  Microwave on high for approximately 30 seconds.  This will begin to thaw the patty but it won't be cooked through. 

Step two: Remove from microwave and top with your favorite pizza sauce and seasonings.  I like to sprinkle some garlic powder and black pepper on mine.


Step 3: Add cheese and toppings of choice.  I chose lower-sodium pepperoni.  You could use veggies, but would probably want to pre-cook them so they are not crunchy.

Step 4: Microwave pizza for 40-45 seconds.

Step 5: Slice with pizza cutter and enjoy!!


It is so simple, delicious and low carb!  And with colder temperatures creeping it, it is a great belly-warmer!  Now that's a great way to start the day, or could make a great lunch or quick dinner idea too.  Serving size is reasonable, and it usually keeps me full for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. 
So there you have a very rare recipe from me!  Hope you try it and enjoy it!

Comments

Popular Posts