Whatever Works

I am noticing a pattern to my morning internal conversation. "I don't wanna" Today I tried talking myself out of working out within the first few minutes awake. I was tired (naturally) but I busted that excuse by telling myself I wasn't tired because I didn't sleep good or because I have done so much that I'm exhausted, it was just that my body hadn't woken up yet. I was cold. Yes, the temperature was a measly -1 degree Fahrenheit but that is winter in Wisconsin and I knew once I got moving that excuse would melt away. My joints were achey with the precipitation moving in but I know that unless I lose weight I am going to have increasing joint pain from the extra load they have to bear. So basically I didn't let myself off the hook. Today I danced a little for a warm up, then did zumba videos off YouTube. I got my sweat on for a full half hour and started work feeling pretty darn good. And wouldn't you know it, my morning "sweat therapy" eliminated all those complaints I was trying to use as excuses. So, had I given into my excuses I would have continued to be tired, cold and achey but because I didn't let my excuses stop me I actually ended up feeling much better. Its only 2 days into being back on track with food but I can tell a huge difference in how I feel. For one, I am hungry more frequently. I always know I'm eating healthier when that happens. I am also shedding a lot of water weight and drinking tons of water. It's a little amazing to feel that because it's not like I had completely returned to autopilot eating, I had a wild weekend with food but the last couple weeks I was allowing little extras to creep in, a handful of chips, or using wheat bread to make a sandwich instead if keto bread. Still the bloat was real and I physically do feel better when I stay lower carb. I suspect I will have to learn that lesson many more times, but for now I'm doing good. The bedtime meditation didn't go as planned. I did it after taking my glasses off and settling under the covers and I'm the type of person who falls asleep the minute my head hits the pillow so I had one brief vision and then drifted off to sleep. Tonight I will try it sitting up. It's worth those few precious moments. So far, something as simple as a work challenge is enough to push me to make an effort. And I won't argue with whatever works!

Comments

  1. YES! I was just thinking this morning how I have been back on track for a few days and actually feeling hunger. I was eating myself silly and NEVER feeling hunger before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like the saying goes, "Face your stuff, don't stuff your face." I have never been good at living that quote. Bloated is my normal.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts