That's it?!

I have been allowing my bum ankle/foot to be an excuse for not doing anything active. And it's cold enough out that I'm not even walking the dog. Before I got a desk job I used to easily put on 8,000-12,000 steps a day, now I'm lucky to get 4,000 I'm so lazy. The ankle/foot thing is so bizarre. One day it will burn up the outside of my calf along the bone as if I tore something, then the next day that area feels fine but the top of my foot by the bones is swollen and pinchy feeling, then the next day I feel like my arch is about to cramp. I can still walk but it does agrivate it. I don't want to push anything but I am thinking of starting up my physical therapy that I was doing for my post-achiles surgery rehab. My frustration in the weightloss realm is making it hard for me to stay on track. I weighed last week and i was 197. That means in the first month i lost 8 pounds and in the 2 months that followed i lost a total of one stinking pound combined. What is that?! I am sticking to the low carb diet for the most part,I have even been staying on track on the weekends. This past week I did have some Off the Eaten Path chips. They are made with rice flour, peas and beans. The way they crunch knocks me out. I shouldn't have bought them because they are hard for me to resist, but the net carbs per serving are doable from time to time. I am just frustrated. I resisted keto for so long because I thought it would be too restrictive for me and here I am doing fine with it but not really losing much weight. I know I have to be more active but you really don't burn that many calories through exercise. I think the best thing I can do is get back to tracking my food. My Fitbit keeps track of my calories I burn and I can track my food intake calories and carbs their too. I have just been lazy and pouting. I am starting to notice my familiar Seasonal Affective Disorder kicking in as well. I got very blue when Thich Nhat Hanh passed away and I experimented with switching my morning caffeine pill for a cup of coffee and boy did my mental health suffer. Summer is going to be a better time to experiment with that. I do know that exercise is a very effective tool to help with depression and even anxiety, I just need to stop making excuses. I do plan on restarting my yoga challenge when my foot feels better. I can tell how weak (and old!) I feel when I don't do anything active. It's shocking what that does to your mind! I don't have a grand promise I'm going to spit out, I just know that I'm failing keto, not the other way around. I am worth more than letting my body and mood wither. I may not have lost very much weight so far but staying on this plan isn't that hard for me so it's better to make changes than stagnate or quit. Future Me has what it takes to turn it up a notch; I just hope Present Me shows up.

Comments

  1. Have you tried a happy lamp? They do help some people. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Neca. I do have one but haven't used it yet this winter because we've had an usually sunny and cold winter. It may be time to break it out though!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts