Rocking it!

Well I survived my first full weekend on keto. I didn't exercise but I was active. In fact, both Saturday and Sunday I got more than 8,000 steps on my Fitbit. My eating was 100% on track. The reverend from my church asked me to come over to chat and discuss some board items over tea. When I called to confirm she sounded so happy to host me and said she had pecan pie and pizza so I wouldn't go hungry. I hung up the phone and wondered how I was going to handle this. She went out of her way to have those things there for us. I ate a heavy lunch of chicken breast cooked in real butter with cheese on top. I figured the fats would keep me full a good while. She offered me pie instantly and I felt awful but I told her that my blood work was less than great and I was watching my sugars. We had tea and talked and talked for hours. She's a great lady but she is one of those who talks so much I always wonder when my ears will be able to break free and have some peace. Plus, She's on a totally different time schedule, up all night and sleeping half the day. I kept telling her I wanted to leave by 8pm because my husband left for work before I got up and goes to bed before 10 because he gets up at 4am. I hadn't seen my husband and I didn't want to miss him. I was also starving. I had my heavy lunch at 2pm and left her house at 9:15 with a 20 minute drive home. I did OK. I had 2 frozen string cheese sticks waiting for me in the car, and when I got home I ate a little bit more before bed. I was proud of myself for not compromising because I know it very likely could have led to a backslide so early into my plan. Sunday I did a bunch of cleaning, put away all the patio items for winter (boo) and did some food prep. I decided to make a family dinner too. I made spaghetti with homemade meatballs and warm bread. For my meal I substituted pasta for zucchini "noodles", chose a no-sugar-added sauce, and instead of regular bread I had cloud bread made with only almond flour, melted butter, egg and baking powder. I put real butter and a bunch of garlic on my cloud bread and I didn't even miss the real thing. It was a really satisfying meal! I really think the reason I might do well this time is keto is so popular, for every meal I loved to eat, keto has a recipe to make it low carb. Pizza with the crust made out of chicken breast? yep! Chips, tacos, burgers, corn dogs, fries? They're out there too! I haven't had or made any keto desserts yet but I am sure I will eventually. They are in the book I bought, I just have to be innthe mood to bake. So I am doing good as I start week 2. I might weigh again on Friday or Monday just to see how it's going. It's hard for me to tell by look/feel because Aunt Flow did finally come and I'm dealing with her at the moment. I do feel less bloated (by an extreme amount) this time I am interested to see if that's a fluke or an advantage. Anyway I am rocking this right now and feeling pretty good about it. I had always imagined keto would be hard because of the restrictions but I get to eat cheese and butter and bacon and ranch...I think I'll survive!

Comments

  1. So happy you found a plan that. Fits your lifestyle. I tried keto and it didn't work for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula C, I am a firm believer in finding what works. It's usually a struggle to figure out what that is. I hope you have found your path too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts