A Chaotic start

Today was rough, but it had very little to do with me starting to eat healthier. It was one of those days were if things could be dropped, spilled, stubbed or frozen they were. I like to think the universe was testing me. I did my morning meditation with mantras in preparation, and the meditation ran late. Then I had this moment or two of having to decide what I was going to try and squeeze into my morning yet before logging into work. The three options were to wash my hair, work out, cook breakfast. I opted for the workout. I made a plan with myself that if I skipped my workout in the morning I would have to do something active after work. Based on how lazy I typically feel after work these days I decided a morning workout would go better. I just danced freestyle in my basement. It is my favorite activity (dancing) so it was a natural place to start. I felt really good when I got done. I was still trying to start work by 7 so I could be done at 3:30 and have a little daylight left after work so I could walk to the grocery store. I tossed my mushroom, peppers and onions with cheese in the microwave and threw a couple of hard boiled eggs alongside and ran upstairs to clock in for work. My bosses coordinator is a pill. Her name is Karen (for real) and I've never met a Karenier Karen. I can typically handle her OK (placate her) but today's asinine form requests and "learning opportunities" really annoyed me. I realized early into my workday that Aunt Flow is due a visit tomorrow so that's why I am sensitive and oh so very stabby. It wasn't my most productive day at work, as I felt like there were so many Interruptions in the house today. On my lunch break I weighed myself. 206.4. I did eat out twice over the weekend and indulged in every thing I wanted in preparation for this lifestyle change. At roughly 2pm my dog was groaning at me like it was important he get outside. It stressed me out because my work tracks how productive I am being. And he didn't do his job outside anyway, darn dog. lol. I brought him out again after work, when I was ravenous and stabby and he didn't go. I knew some food would make me feel better and I cooked this pretty pork tenderloin then promptly dropped it on the floor. Sheesh! Luckily I spent all yesterday cleaning the floors a quick extra flash in the pan and I ate it anyway. I was too hungry to wait for another one to be prepared and I certainly wasn't going to let this chaos derail me. My stomach objected to something (the eggs again?) and all I could bother to eat for lunch was three string cheese. Not ideal but the taco salad I was planning had chorizo in it and I though it might upset my stomach more. So all told, with my dinner, I have eaten just over 1,000 calories today. I do have a bedtime snack to help me sleep good so that will be more, much-needed calories. I was hungry frequently today but I have a feeling I'll get everything figured out as far as my calories. Honestly, I can eat as many calories as I want as long as my carbs don't go over 50 grams a day. It is 5:30 PM and I've had 31 grams today. I did have a sweet craving after dinner tonight and sweets are allowed as long as they are sweetened only with stevia, monkfruit or erythritol, those are the only sweetness that don't effect your blood sugar/insulin. I may explore those options eventually. Ultimately it was an OK first day. I have learned that I was assuming I could get a whole heap of things done in the morning and still Start work at 7am but it's just not realistic. So I'm restructuring my plan. I will still do mantras in the morning because I think positive affirmation is powerful and effective. I will aim to do some activity in the morning and hopefully still have ample time to cook breakfast instead of microwaving it. showers and deeper meditation will be a nighttime thing so there's no rush. It will work if I work it. Day one done. No turning back!

Comments

Popular Posts