Three Little Pounds

The morning was still rough today, but but getting my dog out in the brisk morning air definitely helped me spring to life. By the time I got home, the caffeine pill kicked in and I headed down to the basement for a workout. My knee is still mad at me so I chose yoga this morning. I have a love-hate relationship with Adriene. I love it when she shows modifications so out of shape people can do the moves, but I hate her when she makes me do core work and she's so perky and enlightened and I'm cursing my weak abs under my breath. Today's practice wasn't long but when I got done I couldn't believe how good I felt. My hips were so open, my legs moved freer and I even broke a sweat. The clasping your hands behind your back move kicked my butt. I didn't realize how stiff my shoulders are. That makes me want to keep at it until I can do that. This is the pose I am talking about. I have a lot of extra fat in my upper arms so mine couldn't even move away from my back but at least I could clasp my hands and the leg part felt so good.
In case anyone wants to try this practice, here's the link Work was smooth and before I knew it it was Friday night and I was out walking my dog in bitter cold winds. My knee was hating me. During my lunch break I ate and then I remembered I was going to weigh myself so I still did, knowing it would be a little higher with having just eaten. The scale said 204.6 (my starting was 206.4). I'm not going to lie, I was disappointed. I have been so good all week. I thought about it while I was walking the dog past the corner deli, where they were preparing their fresh-caught fish dinners for the evening. The smell of the fish and French fries frying was intoxicating. For a moment I started to let apathy seep in. I started to feel like everyone else could eat with wild abandon and I have to watch every carb. Poor little fat girl. lol. Then I remembered why I decided to change my life, because those blood labs are going the wrong direction and I don't want to end up a burden to myself and my family or die young. Before my next meal I weighed again and it was 203. I can absolutely live with a 3 pound loss in 5 days! I know it's mostly water but it's been so long since I have had a loss that I'll take it! That was the boost I needed. My challenge will be to stay strong over the weekend. I made it through my first work week, with raging PMS, the remaining 3 weeks of the strict phase should be a breeze, don't you think? I am starting to believe this is doable.

Comments

Popular Posts