Pizza Night

In my house we have our typical food patterns. My husband works every other weekend so usually on the weekends he works, I will make a homemade dinner and we all gather and eat together. I don't pretend to be a great cook, in my case that skipped a generation, but my family genuinely likes it when I cook so I keep doing it. On my husband's weekends off we eat "out", which could mean anything from getting frozen pizzas to ordering take out (our city's so small no places deliver) or eating at restaurants, especially if we go exploring somewhere. Lots of weekends we eat out more than once. It's a bad habit but one we've sunk into. Since I've been doing this plan we haven't done our eat-out weekends and I think it was starting to bum everyone out so I finally made it happen last night. There was a wicked storm heading our way that included freezing rain and the potential for heaps of blowing snow on top of it, so I decided to get groceries right after work instead of waiting for this morning. I threw some frozen pizza in the cart, planning on making myself something resembling pizza in order to stay on plan. Then I saw this
and I thought I'd give it a try. I got some diet 7-Up too, to make it feel like a real party lol. I have to be fair, the pizza was OK, not great. You actually could taste the cauliflower and there was very little sauce. But I didn't have to make the crust myself. I might do that in the future though. At any rate, we got to have pizza night and we were cozy inside when the storm began. It didn't end up being very much snow, but that rain I'd going to make things icy tomorrow. So maybe it's strange but I'm afraid to weigh myself tomorrow. I have gotten my hopes up about how much I have lost this month but I part of my doubts that I lost much even though the measurements were looking so good. Its just a number. Whatever it is is just where I am now, but I'm not staying here anyway so why do I sweat it? Ah but the scale makes us feel vulnerable, doesn't it? I will weigh tomorrow and report it here. I had a bowl of unsweetened Greek yogurt with a half cup of frozen blueberries this morning, it was odd doing that because it was a fair amount of carbs compared to the way I have been eating but starting Monday I enter phase 2 and get 100 grams of carbs per day. I don't even know if I'll need all that. Most days Iam 35 grams or less and plenty satisfied. With Aunt Flow right around the corner I am starting to get nosh cravings so I stocked up with gum and herbal teas so I can help stave off cravings. So I'm still doing good. No new recipes this week because I have a commitment tomorrow and won't have time to cook all day. I may have to find a keto sugar cookie recipe to try for Christmas. It's nice that I can make keto fit into my life instead of having to give up traditions or eating a salad while everyone else is eating pizza.

Comments

Popular Posts