Pinterest to the Rescue

I'm happy to report that the cravings have left the building today. I was worried that the artificial sweeteners in the sugar-free pudding I was eating were messing with my blood sugar but I had a cup of it today and I don't have any cravings. one thing that really helps me is adding Now Foods Better Stevia to my water.
It is so good and I drink a ton of water because of it. I tried 3 new keto recipes from Pinterst for this week and boy are they all a hit! For breakfast I am having Peperoni pizza bites,for lunch I am using 2-ingredient keto tortilla chips for a base as for nachos, and for dinner I am having some yummy chicken bacon ranch taquitos. I also tried queso flavored fried pork skins and they are way better than the plain ones. I'm happy that my cravings are gone today and my stomach didn't hurt or feel bad today at all. I chose a shorter yoga session today because I was still feeling yesterday's ab/core-centric session and as luck would have it, there were tons more planks and lunges in today's practice. lol. It definitely challenged me, but not in a way that makes me feel defeated. After all, if you aren't challenged you'll never grow. I am eyeballing a bigger yoga mat as a reward for all this work I've been doing. Since I'm doing this on my cold, (cement) basement floor, and there's time when my arms aren't on the mat or my feet come off the mat, it would be super nice to have a mat that's big enough to avoid that. I would ask for it for Christmas or my birthday but it's more expensive than I would ask someone else to pay. All in all I feel really good. This is the strictest I have adhered to anything (and for the longest time) in years. The scale is something I am unsure about. I am having mixed feelings about weighing in at the end of the weekend. On one hand, it could be better than I think but it could also be worse and that saps my spirits. Anyway, it's only a tool. I probably won't weigh or take measurements super frequently; I honestly think taking measurements is a pain in the butt. But I will check them from time to time to see where I'm at. Anyway, with the super yummy eats this week I have no doubt week 4 will be a breeze!

Comments

  1. YUM! Will you please share links to the recipes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chips: https://thebigmansworld.com/keto-tortilla-chips/

      Pepperoni bites: https://homemadeforelle.com/keto-pepperoni-pizza-bites/?utm_term=keto+diet+recipes&utm_campaign=6218341519

      Taquitos: https://farmlifediy.com/keto-chicken-bacon-ranch-taquitos/

      Delete
  2. Another thought - I use 2 yoga mats and put them in a cross shape which helps keep all my parts on a mat. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would certainly be the more economical way to go! Great tip. Thanks!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts