Weak Start

You know what they say about the best laid plans, right? My vertigo did not resolve during the night so I woke up so dizzy again. It was bad enough that I have to hang onto something when I bend down or tip my chin up or there's a good chance I will tip right over. I hate how it feels, but since mine is related to my chronic sinusitis there isn't much that can be done aside from trying to get my sinuses to drain so my ear can work right. I initially used my vertigo as an excuse to not workout this morning, but as I was walking my dog I realized how silly it is that I have it ingrained in my head that I can only work out in the morning. I mean, I get done with work at 2:30 PM most days so there's no reason why I can't work out after work. I did fine with breakfast, but by the time my morning snack came around, my brain was rebelling BIGTIME, telling me I wasn't mentally ready to start restricting again, and not only did I eat my planned snack (cashews) in excess but I ate some trail mix that included sesame sticks and white chocolate chips. I did eat my planned lunch. After work I took my dog for a 15 minute walk around the block. My mind was a little sad/triggered from a show about an overweight girl that I started watching today, so after we got home I decided to go for a walk to think and clear my head. I started with my usual beating myself up and wondering why I gave up in myself before I even started. I didn't believe in myself today so my 'failure' role just fulfilled my prophecy. I noticed how hard it was just to walk normally. Chub rub is real and I finally broke down and ordered some Snag tights to help with this and can't wait for them to arrive. For the first time in a long time, I feel like maybe I should try strengthening my muscles before trying to get exercise by walking. I did walk another 25 minutes beyond the 15 I spent walking the dog, so I at least did something. I felt a little better afterwards and food is on track. Monday's are always hard, especially the first Monday after some time off. I still don't feel like my mind is in ghe right place for a "refire" but I might not feel that. way until I'm actively in the act of doing it. Hopefully, if I get a morning workout in the rest of the week, it will help improve my mood. I will pray for the vertigo to be gone tomorrow but if it's not I can do something upright like walking or dancing. The first step leads to the next. That's what I'm banking on at least!

Comments

Popular Posts