Focus Shift

I can't believe how far this blog got away from me; it feels like it was only a week ago that I wrote but it's been almost a month! I guess there's not a ton different with me. I feel like I ended up having a more sensitive stomach for a while after my colonoscopy with polypectomy in early May, which wasn't easy to navigate sometimes, but things calmed down later in the month. My husband's birthday was in May and I was in a really good place so I didn't eat cake or have any special foods, but I was still really happy and had a good time. For Mother's Day, I made some gifts for my mom, sister and my Reverend at my church. It was a little stressful to get it all done on time. I cast round stones and tea light holders out of gypsum, then paint them. The drying time is what takes so long. Anyway, after working every day on it I finished in time and the gifts were enjoyed.
Shortly after that, I decided to create a Facebook page for my art so I can start selling it. Whenever my sister shares some of my work her friends ask where they can buy it so I figured I might as well sell some. It took a while to stage all of it but I finally have a working page. I haven't shared it yet because I want to get Mt latest items on there. I also decided I am going to try and sell some of my art at my local farmers market, so besides trying to get more art made for that, I also had to plan what is needed in order to display items in a pleasing way. And while we were out buying plants at a local fundraising sale, I got a flier for a 4H art contest involving bees and flowers. Winners get a prize from the 4H but they also get exposure on social media so that could be good! So I created 4 pieces and chose my favorite to submit. I think I'll find out how I did later this month.
So painting has been taking up so much of my time and focus that I have let a lot of stuff fall by the wayside (exercise, housework,blogging). My food during the week has been spot-on but the past two weekends I did enjoy extra carbs for no real reason. sometimes I get really frustrated at the extra cost of eating healthier at a restaurant. For example, the place we went Friday night was a new restaurant for us. They had a steak sandwich with mushrooms, onions and cheese which would be easy for me to make keto, but the only sides included were fries or chips. I would have had to order a side salad separately for $5 more if I wanted a healthier side. So I just decided to have a burger and fries. Saturday was lunch at Jimmy John's and they have plenty I can eat but I wanted to try their new jalapeño wrap and they had some sort of breading on the jalapeños but otherwise not too bad. Saturday night we were celebrating my son's high school graduation so we had pizza- his choice. Sunday we made steak and saffron rice. So, not keto on that weekend but I know is what we do most of the time that matters. I know changing up things came help your metabolism from time for time, I just need to make sure it's an exception instead of the rule. At some point I know I need to get active again. I can tell any benefits of previous activities have long worn off, especially yoga! I am thinking about joining some Peleton challenges since my work doesn't have anything going on with that right now. It's all about focus and my focus has definitely been shifted lately. I know things can easily shift back with a little extra attention to what matters.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts