'Bumpa' and other Happy Thoughts

My body was begging for a break today after yesterday's yoga, my legs and abs were sore and I didn't get enough sleep.  I ended up staying up until 11, talking to my sister so it was worth it because we don't talk as often as we should.  So I lost an hour of sleep because I usually go to bed at 10.  Needless to say, I didn't get up at 4:15 today, but it was a similar loss of sleep. 
My praying for Adriene to be gentle on me made miracles happen and today was a mellow stretching day with only one tiny core move involved.  I admit I was a little distracted today, but doing the yoga didn't feel like a burden, and I have made it through my day just fine.
PPF project:
I allowed myself to reflect on a time in my past when my oldest son was young, about 1-2.  He couldn't say the word 'grandpa' so he used to call his grandpas "Bumpa" and I just found that so incredibly sweet and adorable;  remembering that made me feel so warm and I couldn't wipe the smile off my face for a while.  That was a nice feeling!
For my Present piece, I am planning some patio-sitting time tonight.  I love to be on the patio just taking in the sounds, smells and feels of summer.  It gives me a few minutes to turn the rest of the to-do list off and just enjoy the moment. 
The Future piece I do think is partly covered by yoga, but I also put some extra time into helping my cousin find out who her father is and I shared as much info as I know right now so she can start to pursue the leads.  I think we can figure it out and then I will have gained another cousin and she will have gained a whole nother side of a family!  It feels really good being able to help her.  I can't imagine what it must feel like to get so close to answering such a deep question but yet being so far away. 
I have also been putting more effort into genealogy again.  I do believe that at some point I will be able to compile a nice record of our family.  It's hard because it is so infinite the connections so that in a way you never feel "done" collecting information, names, dates, photos.  But I do have a great solid amount on most of the recordable bloodline so I feel quite accomplished. 
Work is OK right now, we are still short-staffed so it's long days and a few extra hours but it's not going to be like this forever. 
Overall I think things are nice right now.  I don't feel overly stressed about anything, I am just sticking to my groove.  If all goes well, tomorrow will be the first day I wake up at 4:15 to see how it feels.  It helps that it'll be Friday and I get to sleep in after tomorrow.  If tomorrow feels OK I might continue getting up early Tuesday-Friday (Mondays I go in later so I can do it after the kids are in school for the day). 
My rings are getting so loose I'm afraid they are going to fall off sometimes. Things are starting to happen.  Today was day 15, halfway through this 30-day yoga challenge.  I think there will be measurable change, but even if there's not, I feel pretty great doing it. 
Happy Thursday!  Hope it's a good one for you!

Comments

Popular Posts