Pigeon Magic

Ugh, I slept awful last night; sinus pain kept me up.  Despite that, I still got up at 4:15 to do yoga.  I will tell you what, my son installed new LED lights in my bathroom last night and it feels like sunlight filtering through a window.  It really helped me feel more awake and happy.  I'm sure I will feel the effects of the sleep deprivation later today, so I have a bunch of busy projects planned for myself to stay awake. 
Being so tired this morning may actually have been a benefit to me.  I don't feel as if I got distracted from the yoga once today, and that is unusual for me.  I really focused on making each movement smooth and strong, and reminded myself to let my breath work for me.  We did more squat-type holds today and last time it really bothered my knee, so far I don't feel as bad this time. I hope that strengthening the leg muscles supports my knee better and I eventually have less pain.  My surgeon did tell me I will eventually have to have the knee replaced but I'm really hoping to avoid that, or at very least, delay it for lots more years. Anyway, I really felt like the movement was therapeutic this morning, and I liked the warm buzz it created all through my body.  We did pigeon pose, which is my absolute favorite, it feel so good to me!
I do not own the rights to this photo.

My head doesn't come to the ground yet, I am usually on bent elbows, but man that feels good in the glutes in and bake of the hips.
After I finished my yoga, I took my dog outside, earlier than we usually go out, and all the stars were sparkling above me and the crickets were chirping and something about it just felt magical.  I think if I hadn't done yoga this morning, I would have felt more tired and much crabbier from the lack of sleep.  Win-win-win-win (however many benefits worth of wins) for yoga. 
I think it's going to be a very manageable day; at least I intend to believe it will be. 
Happy Thursday!

Comments

  1. I was having a little trouble sleeping and wishing that I could stay home from work because....my favorite yoga teacher teaches at 11 am today (Friday). Pigeon pose is also my "favorite" - I really need that stretching in the hip area. I admire your getting up that early to do anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melanie- I like Yoga with Adriene enough (on YouTube), they are all free and she has a ton. Maybe I'll explore other teachers once I get a good feel for yoga. I am in the middle of my second consecutive 30-day series. I am going to see if I can do yoga almost every day for an entire year. It's already becoming a habit and I miss it if I don't do it in the morning, so I feel your pain in not being able to make that session today!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts