Early

So today was the day I had to get up at 4:15 a.m. to get my yoga in before an early work meeting.  Day 25 was only 12 minutes of a little Dancing Warrior work, not too strenuous.  I did a little more hip stretching at the end because I was actually left with extra time.  I wish it would have been a longer more heating session because I think it would have made me feel more awake than I do.  It wasn't really very challenging to get up 45 minutes early because I know it's just one day, but I do wonder if 6.5 hours of sleep each night will be sustainable for me long-term.  I will just have to get in the habit of going to bed earlier otherwise, which sounds like more of a drag than getting up early because it cuts into free time that I would use to either get stuff done or do something relaxing and enjoyable.  But as I was doing the yoga this morning, I realized that this half hour I give to myself in the morning will make a big difference in how I feel in the longrun, so that's not such a huge sacrifice in comparison to the return-on-investment.
I didn't get fully released from chiropractic care, there are still a few areas of my back that need some help, but I do get to go down to once a month which is great.  I do not have any pain (my hip was what brought me to the chiropractor in the first place) and when I told him I was doing yoga consistently and that there was a lot of core work involved, he was happy to hear it.  So hopefully when the scan next time (3 months I think) I will have a better result and finally be done.  It's not like it's labor-intensive, just one more thing I have to fit into my after-work schedule.  So I'm still calling that news good and then I will move forward to see how it improves.
I sure am looking forward to this weekend, I have nothing scheduled and intend on making the most of it by taking time to read a book on the patio, maybe do a little genealogy research and I will probably get the kids out of the house at some point to do something fun.  They are 14 and 16 so we have to be creative but I'm confident we can think of something!
So that's about it.  I am going to see how my day goes with less sleep because ultimately, how I feel upon waking up early is less important to me than how it makes me feel the rest of the day, and that will be the determinant factor of whether I think it is sustainable.  Of course, I won't judge that on just one day, especially one in the middle of a quite busy week, but it will be interesting to see how I feel. 
That's about all I can think of to babble about for today!  Happy Thursday friends!

Comments

  1. I just hit the publish on a post with similar thoughts about gettingbup earlier and sacrificing a bit of relaxation time....and how it’s an investment in my future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like many things, the thought of doing it is worse than the actual act. I was thinking about how, if I am going on vacation and have to get up at 3am, it's not a big deal, I don't whine. But if I am focusing on having to get up early to exercise in any fashion, I whine (internally, mostly). Maybe we need I need to switch my wording to "I GET to get up early to exercise"!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts