Crabby

I don't have a lot to say today, imagine that!  I am crabby today, my fingers are cold and my body feels a little stiff/heavy today.
Day 7 of the yoga journey was Salud, and we were asked to choose a thing that we raise a glass to and I chose "commitment".  The workout was more to get your heart rate up, so a lot less strengthening and much more repetetive movement.  Meh.  It was OK, not my favorite workout. We did do tree pose and that still challenges me.  I can get my foot way up where it should be, but my balance was a little less steady today and I guess that flows along with my mind/attitude today.  I don't really have any reason to be crabby, that's just how I woke up.  I am toying with the idea of taking a break from the activity tomorrow but it still worries me that if I do, I will have trouble getting back on it.  We'll see how it goes, I will judge it by how I feel tomorrow morning.  I could also try to set the intention to do it in the evening instead, I would probably have more energy. 
Maybe I'm just flat today.  I have been feeling like I am on the verge of a headcold for a few weeks now, which I am thinking might be allergies or a sinus infection, but it never progresses past a stuffy nose, sore throat and sinus headache so I just keep chasing it with Flonase and over-the-counter sinus meds. 
Today I didn't eat my planned breakfast of taco egg patties.  It sounds good on paper but it didn't hit my tastebuds right and I couldn't bring myself to eat it today so I had a bagel with peanut butter.  That was so tasty.  Carby, peanut-buttery heaven.  I started thinking about food (from my crabby mood mind) and got that little devil on my shoulder that said nothing I'm doing is making a difference so I might as well enjoy myself and eat freely.  I know that voice well, it's louder when my mood is not high.  So I brought my planned chicken and brussel sprouts lunch but then my schedule changed and I won't get a lunch break today so I will have to eat that in my office and see how it goes.  I'm actually looking forward to it, I love brussel sprouts.  I am making up my mind, as part of my journey, to not make any decisions about food/changes in plans while I am in a bad mood.  So if I'm crabby I am just going to stick with the plan until I feel better, then I can take another look to see if anything really needs to change.  One thing I do know is that I will not eat that breakfast I had planned this week, so I will have to come up with something else for the rest of the week of the bagels will continue to call my name.
I'm keeping it short today to free my crabby mind up for other things!  Here's hoping a restful evening with lift my spirits!
Happy Humpday everyone!

Comments

  1. Definitely don’t change your routine until you have had sufficient time to think and respond (and not be crabby!)

    As for skipping a day...only you know your personality and if it will derail you. Could you just do some light stretching to not stop the routine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MaryFran- I knew that my mind wasn't in a good place yesterday to make that call. In the past I would have used that as an excuse to get veg out and let things slide, but this is a new journey!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts