Prep work

I have been going back and forth between feeling "not ready" to start a restrictive diet and feeling good about it, and it's not even time to start just yet.
I have been really bad about not eating while I'm at work.  My typical schedule these days is to sleep in until 6:30 or so, I take the dog out and eat breakfast anywhere from 7-7:30. Then I eat something around 10:30 or 11:00.  I work from noon-4pm right now and there's where I get into trouble with not eating.  I am so focused on trying to get ahead of my work load that I don't eat, the. By the time I leave work I'm so hungry that I start craving junk and when I do finally eat, I eat more than I should.  With South Beach Diet, it clearly states that you need to eat every 3 hours or less so that you don't get to that over-hungry place where making good choices becomes a battle.  So that is something I will be making a good effort at conquering.
Today I also noticed how much different my mood was before I did some yoga stretching vs after.  I have been taking advantage of Commune's free week of healing exercises, both meditative and physical.  Today's speaker talked about mindful eating practices and while I didn't really learn anything new, it was a good reminder to keep my physical experience in check. Then I revisited the hip-opening yin yoga practice from yesterday because my hips are so tight, and it makes me feel like I can move so much smoother.  Just that little bit of movement and effort made me feel nearly invisible.  I refocused on the fact that I am at least somewhat in control of how my body feels.
If anyone wants to get in on the free week of classes here's the link https://www.facebook.com/wecommune/videos/4262504173775663/
  I am in no way affiliated, it just came up in my Facebook feed because of the things I like and follow.  I have enjoyed these short classes, meditations on handling anxiety and finding calmness, eating and yoga.  I wouldn't join the group because I can do all of this for free but since it's free this week why not?  You don't give out credit card info or anything other than your first name and email, then they assign you login info.
Anyway, I think a big part of my success going forward involves bringing attention to my reasons to wanting to be healthier, and knowing that there is room for everything I truly want, nothing is set in stone. 
I am going to spend time over the next few days putting a lot of thought into my desired outcomes and what it will take for me to make it real.  I think that will help calm my irrational feelings about deprivation and set me up for success.

Comments

Popular Posts