Work

I feel like I have put a bunch on my proverbial plate right now, good stuff that will lead to positive outcomes, but it always makes me feel like I have to hurry to finish one thing so I can make time for the next. one thing I got ducked into by chance in July is books. More specifically, Amazon Kindle books which you don't need a Kindle for. I bought a Kindle book about the Mediterranean Diet (it was horribly written and not helpful so I won't say the title) and Amazon gave me a credit for my next Kindle purchase, which ended up being about 80% of what I spent. It must be a promotion they have running. Long story short, I have purchased 4 books since them (one of them was completely free due to my credits) and I want to read them all simultaneously but can't. lol. Since I have cut dairy and meat 95% out of my diet (I do eat some meat and dairy on the weekends) I have been looking into nutrition more. I went back and forth about the book Cleanse to Heal by Anthony Williams (the Medical Medium) because he claims to get his information from a divine source. I am a Spiritualist so I'm OK with that part, but still questioned if I am in a place to even do a cleanse and if it legitimately would have any affect on me. The way I found out about this book is from a hypothyroidism group where many people stated that the book helped reverse some of their pain. Since that I feel like this book is popping up everywhere, including the site that hosts the Chasing the Present courses I am taking. So I bought it, and only paid a few dollars after my credits. I am not a big fan of how it's written, he spends so much time defending his position by putting down the science and medical fields who disagree with him. his holy grail is celery and his cleanses include a 16 oz celery juice every morning with nothing but the juice of celery, an entire package. I found myself skimming the chapters to get to the part where he describes the cleanse options. Fats are your lover's eneny (so he says) and a whole slew of diseases we have today (that the medical field can't figure out how to fix) are due to our current dietary recommendations. Dairy=fat, oils are bad, even plant-based ones, sugars bad, meat bad, gluten is horrible. So this is not new. He claims all these diseases (thyroid issues, autoimmune senses, diabetes, Alzheimer's etc) are caused by toxins in the environment and viruses that stay dormant for years and then attack when we are run down. EBV and the herpes Zoster (shingles) are two that he feels are most problematic. There have been some peer-reviewed articles that have hinted at autoimmune diseases having a viral cause so I can see the merit in addressing that. I do also agree that we are exposed to a lot of toxins in our environment and our body has to try to filter out these things. The critics of his work (and cleanses in general) say that our liver is great at filtering things for us and cleanses are a waste of money. I'm fancy. part of me is searching for someone to tell me exactly what to eat for perfect nutrition so I can fix my health. Part of me feels like it all takes effort and sometimes I just want to have a bean burrito or a potato without the inner guilt-freedom dialog. At any rate, now is not a great time to start a cleanse (his most popular one lasts 9 days) as we are going on a small trip this weekend. And later this month I am staying overnight in my hometown so juicing is out of the question. I still haven't decided if I will do a cleanse or maybe just keep seeking out healthy ways to eat that don't cause inflammation. I will be asking for more tests next month to see if my hypothyroidism is caused by Hashimoto's (an autoimmune disease) and go from there. There are set diets recommended for autoimmune diseases so if I have it I will look into those. I will say that eating dairy on the weekends (and junkies foods) does affect my stomach so I may make that a permanent change. I did finish the Chasing the Present series of videos over the weekend, but I'll save the recap for a separate blog because I want to reflect on everything I learned in order to share in a more cohesive fashion. I should be starting my insurance coding classes this week and things will get busier for me but it will lead to good things down the road. For now, I am in pretty good place. That's how Monday should be, right?

Comments

Popular Posts