Peace

Ahhhhh! You can almost feel the post-Christmas silence and I absolutelylove it! That's not to say I don't enjoy the holidays, just the hustle and bustle. We got a pretty heavy dump of snow from Thursday into Saturday morning, and temperatures got down to -25 F, Brrrr! Friday night with all the snow, my husband and I decided against going out but my son was working at A & W so we had him bring home some food. I had a grilled chicken sandwich with a small fries. It was literally the only place open that was serving food. I was grateful we were all home safe and warm and the power stayed on and the pipes didn't freeze. Saturday I got up and was going to head down to the basement for a workout but after a foot of snow spent all night blowing around it completely covered the walkways and enteries of the house, so I decided to shovel for my workout. Every time I shovel I am astounded at how much of a workout it is. Despite -19 F windchill, 40 minutes of shoveling made me all sweaty! Fortunately, my husband and son came out to do the steep driveway and the sidewalk. There was nothing open Saturday except the grocery store so we got groceries and ate sane food that day. Sunday morning we had pastries from the local bakery, a tradition from my mother-in-law's Christmas brunch. We also had smoked salmon with crackers, yum! I ate keto in between breakfast and dinner, but our dinner was pizza from our favorite local spot. My stomach was so ready to get back to normal after all that! Not saying I didn't enjoy it but I just can't eat junk like I used to, it really makes my stomach feel bad these days. Every time I eat sweets I have a harder time getting back on track, but I have learned time and again, if I just jump into where I want to be, eventually it just feels like the norm again and becomes second nature. I haven't watched any of my favorite YouTubers in the past few days and that makes a big difference in my focus and drive. I plan to get back to watching. Today I jumped back on the scale just out of curiosity and it showed me 183, 2 pounds less than after my 36 hour fast, and the lightest I've been in years. That really reignited some joy and direct. I am trusting the process, making this a lifestyle and adapting as needed and it is working! This has been an amazing year, not just because I am finally losing weight, but because of what I'm learning about myself in the process.

Comments

Popular Posts