Distracted

It's funny how different the days feel when I am too distracted by other stuff going on to think about my weight, or food for that matter.  In some ways it really is a blessing, but there are times when I wake out of sleep with a panic and think my heart is failing me and think, holy crap what am I thinking not being on a diet?!  The reality is I really truly haven't been putting my mind to any of it at all lately, which also means I haven't been stressed out about my body/weight, but there's always something else to stress about! My life relies on what is convenient because I always feel like I have too much on my proverbial plate and I'm always just doing what it takes to get to the next break or down time, as if something like that really exists!  So 'quality over quantity' hasn't really been my war cry by any means!  The thing is, in the midst of whatever the current day/week/month's flavor of stress, I will forever been looking forward to the point where I " catch a break" and I'm not really sure if that is anything more that a silly fantasy.  It used to get my so frustrated that it would make my mood foul, but I have really been trying to be more graceful about it.  The whole goal of complaining less had really gone out the window in June, but I am allowing myself a little wiggle room due to the stress of getting a new operating system at work. 
What isn't happening is comfort/stress eating.  I have not been taking in enough calories I know.  Yesterday I only ate 3 times all day, and one of those was a desperate snack in between customers.  I have just not been making food a priority, I am not intentionally doing this because I haven't even been focusing on weight or body image or any of it.  Sometimes I forget to eat, most of the time I just feel bored with food and others I just don't feel hungry. 
I do have my next doctor appointment in a couple weeks, to see how the thyroid medicine is working and talk about blood pressure.  I'm a little nervous to start with a new doctor and to see where my blood pressure is at, but I'm OK with getting on medicine.  Plus, I really want to see if I'm right about suspecting I need a higher dose of thyroid medicine. 
I have a personal project I have been working on that is also taking up some of my attention and time, trying to get my church on the National Register of Historic Places.  I may be way out of my league trying to do this, but I really want to see it protected and there are so few of us left at the church, I am the one who is passionate about it and everyone is counting on me.  I don't like letting people down, so I am diving in head-first and hoping for the best.  In the meantime, while doing research I get to learn about things I am interested in, so it's a dual reward. 
So that's about all the exciting things going on right now.  I am not planning anything for the 4th of July, but my husband and I are much looking forward to our annual escape to a local island for an unplugged weekend in nature, and our family is going to a big German festival at the end of July as well.  I can't believe how fast summer is going!  I am going to try to be mindfully present as much as posible so it doesn't feel like it slipped right through my hands! 
Hope you all are doing good!  Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts