Something Else

I am happy to say that despite a few indulgences over the weekend, getting back on track has not been an issue. Lately every time I eat something off track my stomach suffers. Maybe that's coincidence but I doubt it. I am learning my lesson one stomachache at a time; wine-bad, burger-ok, donuts-really bad. It's almost like a makeshift elimination diet. it's working. I don't want wine or donuts any time soon! I am a day behind on my Yoga with Adriene 30 day challenge because my ear was so full on Sunday that the room was spinning for a few hours before I could walk around the house with any level of confidence. Not a big deal. I am still going in order because she designs one day to play off the next. This is a very core-centric series this time and I find myself dreading it. Today was only the second session (day 3, the first day was just an intro with no postures). I woke up sore from yesterday's practice and it was snowy and cold out and I had a headache and I walked my dog extra far on snow-covered ice so it was late enough that I just wanted to get my work day behind me. I think that's enough excuses, no? I told myself I could do my yoga after work, only half-believing I would follow through. I was tired today and was yawning through my work day, so when I got done, everyone was busy doing stuff so I decided to invest my half hour and thought maybe it would wake me up a little. There was more core work, and my legs and abs were already a little sore from yesterday. I tend to dread working my core because it's weak. And here's sweet Adriene saying to open yourself up to it, invite it so we can build on it and hopefully by the end of 30 days I will be stronger. At any rate, I did what I didn’t feel like doing. I'm sure I will be sore again tomorrow but I do actually feel like I am building something and someday maybe I won't dread side planks or balancing low lunges. It's all a process. Being comfortable kept me stuck in a place where I ruined my health and mental well-being. I'm ready to try something else.

Comments

Popular Posts