Pizza and Cake

I got prematurely excited yesterday when I woke to ZERO pain in my problem foot. I kind of wondered if I was still dreaming, its been so rare an occurrence over the last few years. I danced and felt good. Yesterday was my son's birthday so there was pizza and cake and my stomach was mad at me last night. Then I slept lousy and had heartburn, which I can always count on when I eat something sweet. As you might imagine, I was overtired and lethargic this morning. Not only did I not exercise, I had leftover pizza and cake for breakfast. My stomach was OK today but that familiar feeling of having a brick (bloat) followed me all day. Not my best day today but I will trade off today for tomorrow. Instead of being more lax this weekend I will stick to a more sane diet and try to get some exercise and feel-good activities done to make up for my day "off"today. That's how life goes, things happen. I refuse to beat myself up over one day. Tomorrow's a new chance to get it right!

Comments

  1. You are exactly right. It was one day. It was one event. It was life....and there will always be birthdays and events. We can accept them and then get right back on track to manage our indulgence, or we can beat ourselves up. You've got this!!! Yay to no foot pain!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the plus side, maybe you'll be less tempted to over indulge for a while if you remember feeling yucky after? I know I just try to learn from it & move on.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts