On a Roll

Despite the hiccup at the beginning of the week, last week was the most successful week I've had in a while. I got some workouts in, ate squeaky clean, and by the time the holiday weekend came around I was feeling so good that I pretty much stayed on track. We ate out 3 times, 2 of those were just my husband and me, and once with my son. on top of that, I cooked on Saturday evening, substituting rice in my meal for riced cauliflower so I could enjoy dinner with my family without getting off track . At the restaurants I had salads, one smoked salmon, one bourbon beef, and a taco salad. I drank diet 7-Up instead of alcohol. The only indulgence is when my husband ordered an appetizer of deep fried cheese curds, the batter was impossibly thin and I ate two of them just to have a taste. I also tasted my taco salad shell/bowl and it was sort of soggy and stale so I didn't eat anymore of that. I felt pretty great for being able to navigate all that yummy food and still stick to my plan. I know I can order a burger and just not eat the bun, but salad made it easier, I didn't need willpower. It is odd to me that all of our relationship, my husband has been the one so disciplined with food but when it comes to the weekends lately he is certainly not in healthy food mode! I'm lucky that he understands that I'm not trying to be a killjoy but food can easily be a slippery slope for me. One great thing about staying on track over the weekend is that I didn't have to deal with the Monday morning dread of having to "rein it in" and fight my brain to eat things that will help me toward my goals when I just want the weekend free eating to continue. I weighed myself on Monday because I was amazed at how much flatter my stomach felt. I have lost 4 pounds so far and feel much better mentally and physically. My goal is to get some sort of planned exercise at least 5 days a week. I haven't been consistent for some time, but I am now making more effort. Last week I did strength training and yoga each one time. Yesterday I did a challenging yoga session that really works your core and today I danced. I do it right before work, and punch in feeling so good. I never know what any day will bring, but I'm happy to be on the right path for now.

Comments

Popular Posts