Goals

Ah, January 1st! Feels good to have a fresh new year to look forward to, right? This is the first time in some time that I didn't come up with a dedicated New Year's goal to achieve. I have many things I want to make habits, but I didn't really feel like pinning them down. I always had my resolution in place for so many years: lose weight. Now that I am what I think will be my last 20 pounds to lose, it's a little odd not having that goal there. But not to worry, there are always things I can work on! January 1st does always make me reflect on where I've been. I started Keto in November of 2021 at 206 pounds. January of 2022 I was 198 pounds. January of 2023 I was 185 pounds. My most recent weigh in was Friday afternoon and I weigh 153. That means I officially lost 53 pounds by my 51st birthday. As I've said before, I don't really have a number in mind where I will feel I am at my goal weight. I think my body will decode that for me when it stops dropping weight. I know if I'd been a little more strict I might weigh less by now, but I'm happy that things are still happening and I'm able to live what feels like a normal life that isn't always focused on keto. Overall, 2023 taught me that many of the things I am sure I'm not interested in are things I eventually end of trying ans getting on board with. That's hoe keto itself was, then fasting, and time restricted eating. This echoes through my artwork too, techniques I never thought I'd want to take the time to learn I am now embracing. I'm learning that being outside my comfort zone isn't such a bad place to be! So if i had to pin down some things that come to mind most frequently when I consider challenging myself or working toward change, these are the ones that come up for me. 1. TMAD or two meals a day. Right now I eat 3 meals a day and typically don't snack in between. Lately with progesterone week lasting longer and longer, it makes me want to eat everything in site so I have been snacking on nuts between breakfast and lunch. I usually am not physically hungry when I do this, I just haven't corrected the habit. Having more fat at breakfast would keep me satiated longer. I ultimately would like to move to two robust meals a day, which would mean my daily fast would be 18 hours instead of 15 or 16. TMAD would be less food prep and groceries, but the real benefit is in keeping the insulin low for longer, which helps cells renew and repair. 2. Listen more. Like, really be present in conversations, not half-listening while scrolling or thinking of my response instead of listening. This category includes giving less unsolicited advice. I have such a tendency to give advice and sometimes I think less is more. It's one thing if someone asks for advice but I give it even when people don't ask for it which isn't needed. I have others that revolve around housecleaning habits and personal care things like moisturizing my face regularly and getting back into the consistent habit of flossing my teeth, and of couse my nemesis, working out, but it will take work to make measurable goals for those so for now I am going to focus on the first 2 and see where that leads me with everything else. I can add goals as I come up with them. 2023 was pretty fantastic for me, I can't wait to see what 2024 brings!

Comments

Popular Posts