Why doesn't my body do what I want it to?

Monday again?  I think I can, I think I can... My weekend was fun so I didn't want to see it come to an end.  Then again, when do I ever? My family took a small road trip to go to a German heritage festival in my state.  It was fun, but the walking was really irritating my left foot, which seems to be getting progressively more irritated.  It feels like something is piched and needs to release.  So annoying, I'm walking like an old lady because when your foot hurts, you have to rearrange how you walk. 
I also had my first blood pressure check since starting a diuretic for blood pressure.  Nada.  No change in blood pressure, in fact, after the first reading was still elevated, the nurse let me sit 15 minutes and took it again and my diastolic (the bottom number) shot 12 points higher than the first reading.  What the heck?!  I'm frustrated that it's not getting better, and to be honest, scared about what that means.  I'm not in cardiac crisis, my numbers are roughly 142/90, but after years of being in the 130/80's I don't like seeing it high enough to medicate, and I really don't like that I have been doing way more things right lately and the medicine doesn't seem to be helping.  Granted, it has only been 2 weeks.  Still, there is a visible difference, my clothes are getting a little loose and I look thinner and yet, the blood pressure is sticking. 
I found cutting caffeine to be way easier than I expected, so I think eliminating it completely will not be rocket science.  It's more of a mental crutch than a physical aid at this point.  Cutting back on alcohol went smoothly too, not that I was a lush by any means, but it all adds up.  So cleaning things up is doing good stuff for my physique but I wish it were having a more impactful result on my blood pressure.  My doctor will get back to me by the end of the week to let me know what she thinks our next course of action should be.  Exercise is tough right now because whatever is bothering my left foot doesn't seem to be going away.  I have been doing some yoga to help with my lower body aches and it does help, but this foot is a big annoyance right now.  Still, I have been getting my dog out of real walks a few times a week, despite all my aches and pains because I know summer will be gone way too soon and I will feel like I didn't take advantage of the extra time in the mornings.  I have been thinking of just making yoga my actual workout, I do get sweaty enough and my muscles definitely feel it after, depending on the level.  I can progressively do more advanced practices as I get stronger/ more flexible.  There are just SO. MANY. VIDEOS.  I will have to wade through some to find the ones that don't irritate my knee.  I tried one Saturday morning and I swear the whole lessen was spent on the knees or bending so much at the knee...UGH I just can't.  So I guess I should do that next weekend when I have a little free time.  Just saying I should do it doesn't get it done and my body could definitly use some good stretches and practice balancing! 
So, the blood pressure thing bummed me out, and thinking about the end of the kids' summer vacation and all the extra hussle and bustle and planning and scheduling of the school year, and the light and seasons slowly changing, and then I had a really horrible, unreasonable customer get so nasty at me at work today...Just made me feel a little down.  But I didn't handle it by eating.  In fact, I accidentally missed a meal because I was so busy handling things at work, trying to get caught up, and I don't get a formal lunch break on Mondays because it's a short day for me.  I will survive, no doubt.  Plus, now I don't have to make a salad to bring tomorrow because it's already here waiting. 
I don't have anything clever to say to end my babbling, just getting some thought down because it makes me feel better, even when I'm in a good mood.  Thanks for letting me babble!

Comments

Popular Posts