Cheers!

Nearing the end of week one on a diueretic for blood pressure, I am amazed at how much water weight I have lost.  I look like I've been dieting hard or something.  It is a big wake up call about how I am treating my body when I start to retain water like that.  I do take it as a sign that something is very out of balance and it does scare me and slap me with the reality that while being lax about things in the name of fixing my mental issues with food is a positive step forward in one respect, it has set me backwards on my focus on health itself. 
I am re-inspired to tighten things up a little bit.  I think my mind is in a much healthier place from the break that I have taken from focusing on food.  I will need to re-invigorate my passion for finding creative ways to eat things that taste appealing and I am going to commit to finding ways to make my tired, aching body feel better.  The more time that passes with me feeling so bad and feeling like my regular doctors are not listening to me or offering any solutions, the more I am considering seeing a chiropractor.  I did do some stretching today and it made me realize how stiff my right side is (especially my back and hip) compared to my left.  My feet are aching, and everything else from there on up to my waist.  So, something needs to be fixed because I know what happens when I just let problems slide, they increase and amplify. 
My main goals right now are to cut way back on alcohol, which I have been too lenient on for about a year now.  I have been in the habit of having 1 beer 2-3 nights a week.  It doesn't sound like a lot, but added on top of a lot of salty foods and processed sugars, and SODA, it adds up to more stress on my body than I need.  Cutting back on soda, which I have already been slowly doing, but this time I want to get to the point where it is an occassional treat and not an every day crutch.  That will automatically ensure that I am drinking more water (the diuretic is pushing that button right now anyway, I can't drink enough).  I am cleaning up my diet somewhat casually right now.  For the past few months I have not been drawn to sweets like I used to be and when I do indulge in them, I can only eat 1 or 2 Oreos etc.  I really don't enjoy it like I used to.  Is it totally absurd to feel bummed out about that?  I still like ice cream- a lot- so I can find healthier ways to do that with bananas and such.  Eventually, when I am more in-tuned with a new system, I can fine-tune things and find new recipes, and I do still dream of being Super Mom and making healthy meals for my family every night. 
So my physical heart is having a postitive influence on my emotional heart, and I think I am ready to start finding a healthier path than the one I've been on.  In a way, I'm glad that new doctor was so abrasive, it has been a bit of a wake up call that I needed. 
Cheers to you on your journey!

Comments

Popular Posts