Covid

Oh! what a week we've had! My husband got sick last Saturday and ended up testing positive for Covid on Monday. I was holding strong and he was almost done with his quarantine when my throat got scratchy. Then it hit me like a Tom of bricks! Wednesdays was when my sore throat started so today is actually my day 4 and I'm starting to see some improvement. I have almost no voice and very little taste and smell, coughing a lot and tons of sinus pressure/nose issues. Today was the first day that I felt kind of fatigued, despite being sick. I had very little appetite and have lost 2 more pounds just from not eating much. The good thing about not being able to taste is I really didn't have the need to eat all kinds of crazy stuff because it would be lost on me. I wasn't active so my hunger signals weren't working. This morning my younger son got sick so that makes 3 out 4 of our household to get it. My older son is still healthy so far. He's been working a lot so maybe that will help since he's not around us as much. Its going to be a long couple weeks getting through the other end of this. Fortunately this is a less severe strain and mostly all the symptoms are above the lungs. I do wheeze a little after I cough but I do not have a gentle cough. The only thing worse than Covid is having it the same week Aunt Flow pays a visit! Ugh. Is it May yet? I miss spring. I do love Halloween and crisp fall days I just never look forward to snow and ice. Food is good for the most part. We had frozen pizza on Friday and I had a warm, hearty bowl of chili last night. Other than that, I'm in track. Next week's food includes chaffles and taco soup.Yum! Not much else going on. I'm not sure how going back to work tomorrow will go. Luckily, I work from home so at least I'm in my comfy place and can keep an eye on my son. Hope everyone is staying safe out there!

Comments

Popular Posts