A positive step

This morning I woke earlier than I wanted, but when I woke up and went into the living room, the curtains were drawn open inviting bird songs and a cool morning breeze in to greet me.  Everything felt fresh like fall.  Despite it looking and feeling lovely I still fought the idea of getting out there for a walk.  I sat back in the chair for a minute, watching ducks milling around my patio, looking for birdseed that may have fallen from the bird feeder.  The early light making their feathers look as though they were glowing.  I thought for a moment about how good it would feel to just enjoy a cup of coffee and watch the ducks and birds outside, but then my thoughts turned to the event we were having at work today, I imagined throngs of people and just my boss and I to handle them, stressed and starving, trying to be five places at once.  I knew if even a fraction of that image was true that I'd rather feel alert and energetic than stressed out and lethargic, and I knew the best way to make that happen was to get out and get moving. 
My entire lower body was pretty sore form yesterday's workout, but walking actually made them feel better.  I walked 2.5 miles with ease and it did help me feel more energized.  It turns out, I didn't really need to super amped up anyway, we didn't have quite the turnout we'd hoped for, but I was OK with it.  
Tonight I feel really tired, but I know it's from all the good stuff I've been doing for my body the past few days.  I like that when fighting with my mind, how I will feel if I workout vs how I will feel if I don't is a factor, it means is not about losing weight so much as it is about feeling good and being happy.  That's a step in a positive direction!

Comments

Popular Posts