The Power of Red

Two posts in one day.  I guess I have a lot to say today; it makes up for the long breaks between posts I have had along the way. 
I mentioned a couple blogs ago that I went thrift shopping and found a couple treasures.  The things I chose (other than the work pants) are a little out of my comfort zone because the two tops I bought are a clingy type of material, but the 3/4 length sweater I found is the most amazing color and I knew I had to have it even if it isn't the most flattering on me.  The color falls somewhere between deep pink and red.  It almost looks like neon red if that's possible.  I paired it with a new white tank top lined with lace and one of my favorite black polka dot skirts.  I wasn't sure I was pulling this look off because the sweater is so clingy, but I decided to stop denying myself the pleasure of wearing this amazing color because some of my fat bumps show more.  Earlier this year, this ensemble would have been out of the question, my self esteem and physique would not have been able to handle this. 
So I walked out the door with it on and did not bring a change of clothes.  I decided that I am wearing this, and I am going to let the color own me today.  I will match it's charge and vibrancy and I will not apologize for the lumpy bumps because they are along for the ride for however long they need me!  LOL.  This is silly, but it feels like triumph over all the times I felt really bad about myself, or tried to hide behind loose, shapeless, black clothing almost hoping people would really just not even look at me.  This red is my flag of bada$$ness, of finally feeling that I can wear whatever I want no matter what size the tag says.  If they make it that size I can wear it that size!  And hey, I can overanalyze anything when I look in the mirror, but I chose to let myself believe I am totally pulling this look off, even if I don't (and never will) look like a model.  And you know what, that made me feel really, genuinely good. It feels like I am coming out of my cocoon and ready to shine!  I feel different in this color, I feel like I look like a million bucks even if the mirror wants to point out my flaws.  So I know this trend of feeling happy when I step outside of the box of my usually drab wardrobe will be something I am going to have fun with whether I lose weight or not. 
And just to show I'm not afraid to be seen, I will post the photo of how I looked at work today, smile and all.

Comments

Popular Posts