Brief

This will be a quick post for a brief update.  More deep thoughts to follow as they arrive in my flighty brain!
The 10,000 steps 5 days a week challenge went better than expected last week.  I ended up getting more than 10,000 steps 6 days last week but Sunday the 17th didn't count because the contest started on Monday.  Still, the Fitbit registered just under 70,000 steps for the week, which might be a first since I got it last year.  It actually feels good, even though I mentally don't want to do it, when I get going I feel so good.  The music is a huge help.  Sleep usually isn't a problem for me, but I feel like I sleep even better than usual too. 
My youngest son had a birthday over the weekend (14, not a kid anymore, insert gentle tears here), so the festivities included uber-fresh Chinese food on Friday; fried tofu with mixed veggies for me which is quasi clean except for the deep frying part and the oil-based salty sauce, but ooooh so fresh and good.  Saturday I we just cooked burgers at home and Sunday (his true birthday) we each had a donut (instead of bringing a whole cake into the house) and then that evening we ordered pizza.  So I had more salt than I needed over the weekend, and probably more carbs too.  That made it a little tricky wanting to get back to planned food today, but just like the walking, once I started I was fine.
I feel like that pizza is still sitting in my stomach like a brick though.  I will have some hot tea and lighter food tonight to see if that helps my stomach feel like its digesting things better.  Getting old is tough, right? 
This week's planned food is nothing to write home about, yogurt with blueberries and hemp hearts for breakfast, almonds for a snack, meat-free chicken with broccoli in sesame sauce for lunch, meat-free steak with edamame in aoli for dinner.  I have been eating more fruit lately, inspired by my older son who is trying to eat a more nutrient-rich array of foods.  No real big discoveries this week so far, but I am planning on getting back into my book It Didn't Start with You.  That will help me work through some old past wounds.
For the past year now I have been feeling like some progress is being made, maybe not on the scale as much as the internal stuff, but I think the best part of it all is that I am quieting my mind more and more so the food isn't first and foremost anymore.  What an absolute blessing that is! 
I am so tired of winter, of being cold and having to be careful walking on all the ice we've had, but I was just thinking about how when my step challenge ends, it will be nearing the end of the snowy part of winter and will be warming up!  That really lifts my spirits to think about spring, we sure have had a tough winter this year!
Well, that's my version of a quick post.  Have a great week everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts