Hi!

I'm still here.  Sorta.  I have mentally checked out, focusing on other things for the time being.  One of them being my PMLE sun allergy, whenever I'm out in the sun for 10 mintues or more, I break out in hives for 3-4 days.  When it first started happening to me about 10 years ago, I researched it and at the time there wasn't really much you could do about it. Now through a Facebook page I've joined, there is hope.  I started taking a certain type of allergy medicine and it's definitely taking the edge off the itch, which is a blessing!  And there are supplements that a lot of other sufferers are swearing by so I am going to try that route as well.  It feels great to have hope that something can be done.  I have decided that if I can't fix this on my own I will finally get a formal diagnosis from a dermatologist and hopefully there will be something they can do. 
I am also setting the wheels in motion (finally) to prepare for a career change.  It's a big big deal for me, I've been an optician for 19 years and my regular customers always tell me they don't want me to go so it will be a little hard to leave them when the time comes, but I have been unhappy in this field for a few years now, and staying is adding unneccesary stress to my life.  I don't want to spend the last 20 years of my working years miserable.  So I am going to transfer some funds around this weekend, then once I'm certain I'm ready, I will enroll in the online courses.  They only give you 5 months to complete very difficult coursework, very anatomy and disease related learning in order to be able to code insurance claims properly.  I'm ready to leave the customer service field for good and just thinking ahead to that sounds really relieving!
I haven't been focusing on my diet at all.  I am eating a lot of bread and bagel carbs.  I want to want to start a diet but I just don't have the drive for it right now.  That's all I can say.  I wish I could motivate myself and have it stick but I'm just in a funk right now. 
I am loving our summer-like weather and plan to revel in it every day (despite the allergic reaction to sun) because in Wisconsin it goes by way too fast! 
Just dropping by for a quick hi.  Hope you are all doing well!

Comments

Popular Posts