Weakened Weekends

Last week was very successful in terms of reaching my goal of two-a-day workouts, starting split training, and staying on track with my diet.  The scale made a slight dip at the end of the week, but after enjoying Pizza and ice cream with my family on Friday, of course it rose back up a couple of pounds.  That is how the weekends go for me lately.  What used to be one cheat meal per weekend, with me not allowing myself any sweets, I would get right back on track and stay there.  But for the last month, my weekends have been fairly loose, having at least 2 cheat meals, plus ice cream and sometimes snacking on other stuff in the mean time.  And while I know that some of the weight I see on the scale every morning is the water retention caused by ungodly amounts of sodium consumption, it is really a horrible way to treat one's body.
This morning I held myself to low intensity interval cardio, and even at my slow pace, I felt like everything was so jiggly.  I hate that feeling.  I need to not let my lax weekends become habit, or I will end up in maintainence mode, and I'm not at a fitness level or weight where I want to be stuck indefinitely.  In order to keep progressing, I am going to have to reign in my weekend indifference.
On a positive note, I will be getting a home gym at the end of this week, and it is perfect timing.  I found it in my company's classifieds, so it is coming from a trustworthy place (a cardiology RN) and the best part is, I am getting it for free!  I'm not sure what it all has, but anything is better than what I have, 5 and 10 pound dumbbells and a stability ball.  Now, if I can just get my hands on a good, used treadmill, I should be all set for winter.
I have decided that, even if there is not another Eat Clean Diet Makeover Challenge contest this year, I am going to train as if there is.  I want to challenge myself to keep my focus and transform my body into the physique I've always wanted.  By the time July 31, 2012 rolls around, I will have been on my journey for just shy of 2 years, I think I should be one hot tamale by then!  Thinking of the future, and how awesome it will be is a very uplifting and motivating feeling, I just need to clear up the stuff in the middle, and make sure my resolve doesn't slip.  Once I get my weekends a little cleaner, I think I'll be well on my way!
Happy Monday everyone!  Thanks for reading.

Comments

  1. That's awesome that you are continuing your goals, even after the official challenge is over. Good for you! And no, it's not great for your body to eat bad food, but you can't agonize over every single thing you eat ALL the time. Allow yourself a little bit of freedom (but not too much to throw your focus) b/c you deserve those relaxed moments to just enjoy life with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you C.Curley! Like everything in life, it's about finding balance. I am still working on that part, but it's all part of the journey. Thanks for your support!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts