Skin-ny Stuff

Last week felt tough.  Along with having a head cold, waiting for my period to start (Still waiting) and being just generally drained, I have been dealing with an odd patch of skin at the back of my earlobe.  It appeared out of nowhere, a rough patch of skin that grows a new, flakey layer of skin on it every couple days.  It itches like crazy, too.  Of course I looked it up on the internet and the description I type in brings up skin cancer hits and I have been a little worried about it.  It has actually been there almost 2 weeks so I finally went to Urgent Care last night to have it looked at. The nurse scraped off a layer of skin and she said the flakey skin seems eczema-like but the perfect round shape of it looks like a lesion.  We are trying a topical steroid cream for a week and if it's not better by then I need to have a biopsy done to rule out cancer. I could be freaking out right now just that the C word was even dropped, but the optimistic part of my brain is thinking that week of steroid cream will clear it up and I will be told it was just eczema.  Not that I want eczema by any means.  Still, cancer runs rampant in my family so I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being that.  I know, of all the kinds of cancers to get, these types of skin cancer are fairly treatable and have a really low mortality rate.  Plus, if it is cancer, I caught it really early.  I'm not really ready to think about all that right now.  I'm trying to take it as it comes and not get worked up about something I don't know enough about at the moment.
On the plus side, my blood pressure is doing really good on my new medicine and I am so happy to be off the diuretic!  Last night when I went to the Urgent Care clinic it was 120/80 which is wonderful to see!  Now I just have to have my potassium retested and I'll be all set. 
I have been feeling a little better, mood-wise, the past few days.  I got a raise at work, that's a mood-boost!  I have also been looking at some weight loss success stories and it is re-inspiring me.  I do think I am getting closer to the point where I start tracking and maybe exercising again.  I do so hope the weather warms up and we get a little more sunshine, it motivates me even  more.  I have a to-do list a mile long right now, but one of those things is to transfer some of my music onto my new phone because I don't have many songs on there right now and I have to have music when I work out! 
Short post today, no need to say more right now.  Happy Thursday!

Comments

Popular Posts