It's Working out

The weekend was more stressful for me than it needed to be, and I am noticing my mood becoming worse during ovulation.  I get so easily irritated and more easily pushed over the edge from irritated to straight-out-frustrated to wanting to angry-cry.  Way  more ended up falling on my plate over the weekend than I wanted, and a huge chunk of it was my dog.  I've said it a thousand times, it drives me so quickly to the edge of frustration-crying when he won't poop, and I walked and walked and walked with him.  Both Saturday and Sunday I had more than 10,000 steps on my Fitbit and a huge portion of those were trying to get the dog to GO. 
Anyway, with all the other things I do around the house, and cooking things for my boys both nights and getting the older one out so he wouldn't get bored out of his skull (we went swimming at the Y which was nice), my relaxing time to myself was pretty much non-existent over the weekend.  I whined about it in my head and out loud and I had a beer both nights. 
Anyway, my husband is gone on a trip to the west coast and I feel all kinds of "off" when he's not here.  My dog too, I suspect it's part of the reason he's too skiddish to poop, although he finally went this morning.  My hubby will be back late tomorrow so everything will be back to normal.  That's my comfy spot. 
I didn't sleep great last night, I was so cold and my stomach felt upset, so now today I am pretty tired.  This morning I had a dental cleaning and then had a little time to stop by Target to get some journals, one for good old fashioned journaling and one that I can jot down anything about my weight/food/health journey.  Last week when I wrote down the things I know and the triggers I am aware of, it felt like just having an organized list of things helped me stay mindful of them. I may also write mantras in there or inspirational quotes but mostly I bought it with the intentions of helping me solve all this stuff with food and my weight; to figure things out and write them down so I don't keep forgetting them. 
The writing journal I bought as part of my work holiday wellness challenge.  This week, besides getting 150 minutes of cardio in, we have to make an entry in our personal journal about things we are either grateful for or things that make us happy.  And I was thinking about how carthartic it is to journal my thoughts anyway (not that I don't do that here) and maybe someday my kids or grandkids will read it and remember me fondly.  Writing about my day also feels like getting it all off my shoulders and out of my head before bed too.  I get to set it all down and let go while I sleep.  How wonderful!  I found a pretty faux leather-bound book with a tree branch on it for my writing journal. 
I got 40 minutes of cardio yesterday when I took the dog for a nice walk, and I did 25 minutes of walking this morning in my apartment.  I don't think the 150 minutes a week will be too hard to do, and I am really doing separate exercise for it, though I know I could probably count the time I spend taking the dog out.  I don't really get my heartrate up for that because he stops to sniff too frequently. 
I am noticing that I don't really ever feel like doing the cardio work, but about 15-20 minutes in I start feeling good, so I have to tell myself to just get going and stick with it and it all works out in the end. 
I'm looking forward to only having to get up at 4:15 one day this week, tomorrow, as my kids are off the rest of the week.  And boy!  Isn't it going to feel great to sleep in on Thursday?  I think my current tired state is more excited about that part than I am about massive dinners! 
Anyway, happy Monday everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts