Head Cold

The past week and half has been sacrificed to a pretty nasty headcold.  Though it is still hanging on, it is slowly getting better.  This one had me go through a family sized box of tissues in 3 days, taking more drugs than I can remember ever taking at a time ( it settled into my chest this time, which usually ends up as bronchitis) and whining and moping until everyone in my house wants to avoid me at all costs.  Luckily no one else caught it in my house. 
That being said, everything fell apart on me.  I don't remember the last time I exercised in any form, and I was eating whatever foods brought comfort.  Honestly, I didn't have much of an appetite because the coughing made my stomach feel bad, so I actually ate a lot less than if I had felt normal.  But I did have soups with bread to dip in, some chips, and sandwiches.  Bread is soft so it was one of the easier things to eat when my throat was raw. 
I still have some rattling in my chest, some less frequent coughing and what feels like a sinus infection with near-constant drainage in my throat.  UGH.  I gave myself a pass on getting up early for exercise until I feel better.  My diet this week was a product of a very ill-feeling person doing the planning and shopping; I just didn't have the energy to invest in planning out meals.  So there is frozen bean burritos, turkey sandwiches and yogurt on the menu this week.  I have plans to get things back on the straight and narrow next week. 
My ankle is still swollen.  I think it's been 3 weeks now, I can't even see my ankle bone it's so swollen in that area.  And it hurts.  What the heck is up with that!  That is the same foot that had the broken bone last year and boy does that area still hurt too.  I feel like an old lady, my foot is not doing very good.  I am considering having it checked out before the end of the year since our deductible has been met.  My husband thinks I just sprained my ankle and I should wait a couple months and see if it gets better, but in conjunction with where the bone broke, my foot feels pretty bad.  Maybe I'm weak in that way, I would rather know what's wrong now so I can fix it and start getting better.  I have the luxury of doing that, we have phenomenal insurance that even covers MRIs 100%.  My husband was a skateboarder who has amazing pain tolerance.  I am an anti-athletic clutz who doesn't like it when my body parts don't work or feel how I want them to.  We are quite the pair! Lol.
Not much to report right now.  I am coasting for now.  I am thinking and planning and thinking some more.  I have loose strands of thought blowing in all different direction of the breezes and I need to pin some down before I write more.  Just wanted to check in and let you know I'm still here in spirit!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts