Better Day

Today was 100% better in terms of my general mood and being on track. My ear is not completely better but it's clear enough to make me feel like I can do normal things without tipping over. I always take my dog for a walk first thing in the morning. It typically lasts about 20 minutes these days, because he gets hot and my aches start bothering me. In early spring we were taking longer walks because it was getting nicer and I was counting that as exercise. To be fair, my dog constantly pills on his leash so it forces me to brace myself while also trying to keep up with him so I don't fall right over. Anyway, I will consider these shorter walks my morning warm up. In the schedule I made for myself in my Peleton app, I was supposed to do cardio today. After my walk this morning, my hips and back were irritated so I decided to put on one of my favorite yoga sessions https://youtu.be/ZiQh8jA5tVM I love that its only 20 minutes and none of it is too hard for me, but it makes my spine feel fantastic! And when you feel good physically it sure does wonders for your mood! I felt like I had a lot more energy and even felt like I had more focus. All of those feel-good vibes led to me staying 100% on track with food. In light of how good things went today, I may do the 30 day yoga challenge that I tried to do in January. That was cut short due to my foot being problematic. I feel I'm in a better place for it and might start that on July 1. Until then, I'm going to listen to my body in the mornings and do what feels most needed.

Comments

  1. I love that you are listening to your body and doing what it needs versus what you want it to have!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts