Just Simple

I am starting to act a little like a drug addict where my vitamin D is concerned.  I waited all weekend to be able to take it and get my usual rush of energy and glow.  But as luck would have it, the kids and I are in the midst of some sort of virus that feels suspiciously like Chicken Pox.  I was disappointed that it wasn't like a miracle drug yesterday, but I woke with crusty eyes and a headache, my body feeling as if I'd been dragged behind a moving vehicle.  Needless to say I didn't get to the gym, and spent the extra long day at work, counting the time until I could go home and rest.  And that is a very unrealistic dream of mine, because I rarely rest when I'm home. 
This morning, I had great intentions, I set my alarm for 4:30, planning on making up for the workout I missed yesterday.  It was 6:18am when I finally woke up, I never heard the alarm.  I haven't slept that deep in years!  I guess I needed it.  Luckily I still had enough time to get myself and the kids ready for our day.  But when I got to work, I was feeling all stiff and cold, my body aware of how much better I would have felt if I'd gotten in some sort of workout.  I might be able to do something at work if this slow pace keeps up.  Waking up late really has a way of throwing me off my rhythm. 
Oh well, tomorrow's another chance.  I will make my alarm louder so I don't miss it again.  I'm still trying, still on track and still just getting something done nearly everyday.  Sometimes that is as complicated as it needs to be.
Happy Tuesday!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts