Rest

Ever since we got back from our trip 2 weekends ago my sons have both had a headcold.  It is great that it's not sinking into their chest, but the stuffy ears and nose are frustrating them.  I have been blasting myself with vitamins to hopefully protect myself from it.  Crossing my fingers.  I know that Aunt Flow is right around the corner and that typically weakens the immune system.  Ugh.  I just don't need that right now.  I am getting my flu shot on Tuesday too, so I don't go into it with a cold.
The weekend for me was very lazy restful.  I intentionally did very little activity and spent a lot of time in my comfy clothes watching stuff on my phone.  I don't usually get the opportunity or allow myself it so I just allowed myself to do whatever felt right and that was it.  I skipped yoga Saturday, Sunday and Monday. 
When I got to work on Monday, I discovered that somehow the schedule was messed up and I was scheduled for PTO.  I always have more than 100 hours of it to spare so I was happy to take an unexpected day off!  I did more of the same, chillaxing.  I haven't really felt motivated to do much lately.  I did do some housework on Monday and took the dog out so many times, so it was a little more active than the weekend was, but not really very productive.  I think I always put pressure on myself to be productive even though it isn't what my body wants.  It has been nice to listen to my body for a bit. 
I got back into my yoga groove yesterday and I have noticed when I take a day or three off, the first day back feels hard.  It happened to be a very gentle stretching yoga though, so it did feel good.  Today kind of kicked my butt in a good way (Day 14 of Yoga Camp practice).  We did a lot of leg work today and I was a sweaty mess at the end.  I think today brought back my enthusiasm for yoga a little bit because I was working hard enough for it to make me feel awake and ready for my day. 
I think I will have to skip yoga on Friday morning because I have a 7am work meeting, but I can plan to do it at night and see how that feels. 
I really don't want skipping yoga on the weekends to become a habit because it continues into Mondays so I am really only doing yoga 4 days a week.  I know it's not about the numbers, but the behavior/activity/benefits.  The more I stay on track with it, the more I enjoy and look forward to it. I still have a lot that I need to work on with my practice but I still think it is going good.  I just need to clean up the inconsistency. 
I have found myself craving more sweets and fats this week as I get ready for Aunt Flow, I have had a few extra snacks here and there but no binges.  Now that I am getting in the swing of the change of seasons and schedule, I may have more mental space to be able to foucs on food more.  I am still sticking to my planned menu for the most part, but there are a few extras that I don't need, like putting a 50/50 sugar/stevia mix on top of my morning yogurt (it's unflavorred greek yogurt, 5% fat with no sugar added so it's thick and paste-like and flavorless, just sour) and I have yet to eat my planned dinner this week, which continues to be a place where I falter for some reason.  Last night, I got home from work having only eaten 2 times all day, once at 6am (yogurt with flax and walnuts) and lunch at 1:30pm was a chicken guacamole wrap and a small apple.  I was so busy at work that I didn't get any snacks all day and barely got to drink water.  So last night I ate a bean burrito with cheese and sour cream for dinner.  The thought of steak and edamame just didn't appeal to me after being so calorie starved (compared to a normal day).  That's how life goes though.  I just need to work out a plan for after work because that is one of my biggest trigger times for wanting comfort food. I think I need to find a way to prepare something ahead of time and then find a way to make it feel 'special', eat it on a fancy plate find some new seasonings to pep it up, etc. Whatever I do, I think having it ready to heat-and-eat will be crucial to me sticking to planned dinners.  It's so much easier to pop a frozen burrito in the microwave for 90 seconds than to put thought and effort into prepping something (even if minimal effort is required).  I love chili and could eat it almost any day of the year, so maybe next week can be chili preportioned into storage dishes. 
Anyway, I babble like a brook.  Things are going fine, I feel a little more energetic since Aunt Flow is getting closer and I think I might get a bit of a breather at work today compared to yesterday so this Wednesday feels like it's going to be pretty fantastic.  Hope at the end of the day you can say you had a fantastic Wednesday too!

Comments

Popular Posts