Positive Things Afoot

Today I had another morning where I woke refreshed and I am grateful for that!  What a difference a good night's sleep makes!
Danced again today as my cardio; it's easy and doesn't require a lot of space or any extra equipment.  I do have a little less energy today but I still got good and sweaty. 
I am thinking about hips and how just because mine don't hurt right now (other than a bruised feeling where that one made the popping sound) doesn't mean they are in good shape.  I am going to try and build in 2-3 days a week where I specifically train those areas (glutes and hips) so I can get them healthy and hopefully keep them healthy. I was reminded of it today when I see how many people in our waiting room at the clinic use the really high chairs.  They are high so people with bad hips and knees don't have to bend much to sit and can get up with greater ease.  I wonder if some of that would have been preventable.  Not my business about thier conditions, I can only take charge of my own health.  I'm in no position to talk and I am probably 20-30 years younger than most of the people who use those chairs. It does make me realize that I prefer not to end up needing that. 
I have been thinking about yoga a lot lately and missing some parts of it.  I think when I get done with my current challenge through work, I may start back up with the yoga.  Together with my food changes at the beginning of the year, and my hip and ankle rehab exercises,I do think it will be a pretty well-rounded program.  I especially miss the balance poses like Tree pose because it really challenged me and that led to great pride when I could hold a pose for longer than previous attempts.  I also felt how much strength it took to stand like that for even a short while.  I may test out some of the gentler stuff and see how my ankle handles it.  It still gets pretty swollen after certain things I do (walking over iced-over snow which is very uneven and causes me to work really hard to stabalize it, also driving my manual transmission car, that is my clutch foot so it gets a lot of use and it gets aggrivated).  The last thing I want is to re-injur my ankle. 
The other thing I may want to try in the new year is something I saw online and think it is a really good idea:

I do not own the rights to this photo
I do love this idea so I think I might make time for it.  Maybe not in a jar but maybe in my journal, I'll decided that when the time comes.
I had the opportunity to change my reaction to some things that were threatening to make me grumpy and it made me feel silly for wanting to stress out over them after I decided I wasn't going to allow it to make me grouchy.  I have always considered myself a creative and resourceful person so I am trying to remind myself of that when something doesn't exactly go how I want it to.  This will be something that will help lower my stress and desire to comfort-eat going forward.  And, maybe it will have a side effect of making me complain less, which is a huge goal I want to also work on.  Although, just this week 3 of the things I was complaining about at work are about to go my way and posibly a fourth!  I have been in a really good mood about that!  One of them will relieve a huge amount of workload that got dropped on my department and is overwhelming sometimes, one will help us avoid a disasterous relationship with a really really horrible insurance company, and one has helped us avoid a costly investment and a change in my office being much further away from areas I need to access daily which would actually affect everyone in the department. The fourth one is just in infancy and might not happen, but it gives me hope for a move to a city I want to live in after my kids are done with school and I may be able to stay with my same company as an optician instead of trying to find a job in a different field after having done this for more than 20 years. So things are looking up, and my spirits are pretty good right now too.  I'm looking forward to all the posibilites upcoming!

Comments

  1. I love the meme! Sooo true! So often we focus on the negatives and refuse to look at the positive...this would be a great challenge!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts