Rewind

This weekend was a diet disaster!  I allowed myself to be extra stressed out about things that were not really in my control, and I ate and ate and ate like the world was ending.  I had McDonald's three times between Friday and Saturday, ate popcorn and candy and ice cream, you name it.  My stomach was in horrible distress, my mood was so foul, and I felt like I wanted to put on a baggy pair of sweat pants and curl up in a corner somewhere, fetal position.  What a mess.
Somewhere in the midst of that I decided that I need to get back to square one, start fresh from Phase 1 of the South Beach Diet, break the sugar addiction/blood sugar roller coaster, get rid of some of the excess water and junk weight I'm holding, and get back up to three weight sessions a week.  When I stepped on the scale this morning, I was horrified to see it at 162.  I've been out of the 160's for months now, and there it was, slapping me in the face.  But at least I am doing something about it now, before it gets too far away on me.  I have been releasing that excess water weight with little effort already, I know this will help to cleanse me, and even though it will require me to put more thought about what I'm putting in my mouth, that will also help me to refocus. 
I need to find more productive ways to handle my stress, or I can just go ahead and sign back up for the prescription drugs I had worked so hard to get off of.  I don't want to be going in that direction, I have already learned that it's not the way that's right for me.
So, this is a fresh start, and I am feeling really positive about it.  I can only go up from where I was last weekend.  This little rewind will be what saves me from spiralling, and it's just in the nick of time!
Hope you all had a relaxing weekend and your week is off to a great start!

Comments

  1. Good for you! Well done on not letting one less than perfect weekend send you on a spiral.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Vixen! The ability to stop and reset is how I know I'm going to make it this time. In the past, I would have just thrown in the towel and gone back to my old ways.
    Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts