The Reason

I've been doing a lot of soul-searching lately, trying to find my mojo and discover why I've lost it in the first place.  On days I don't blog, I often log on to read others that I follow.  I guess I'm a creeper sometimes.  One blog Jacksh*t, Gettin' Fit has a very inspirational page called Why I Do This Here.  It is a portion of his blog devoted to his readers' reasons for wanting and seeking a healthier life.  If you have a few minutes, you should hop on over to his blog and read/add one.  I have been giving some thought to mine.  Alot of people say their kids.  That is a really ideal reason, and admirable if that is why.  I think my reasons are much more selfish.  Among the answers on my shortlist are these:
    Because I love attention
    Because Fat isn't very punk
    Because I want him to regret not giving me a chance
    Because excuses are the minions of apathy
     Because old and fat doesn't work for me
     Because breathing is one of my favorite pasttimes
     Because I am tired of feeling invisible
     Because I am tired of the look I get when my fitness-model-husband introduces me to someone
     Because I am seriously tired of being asked when my baby is due
I could go on and on.  As I was reading through a really old journal from more than a decade ago, I came across something that I wrote that truly woke me up, and that became my reason.
I think that says it all.
What's your reason?

Comments

Popular Posts