So Close!

Well, week one of my little challenge is in the bag.  I really only got in about half a week but I did really give it the old college try!  Here's how it ended up:


So close!  My nasty little Aunt Flo came for a visit near the end of the week and really made my whole body just ache like I was getting sick, so I didn't push myself to get to goal.  With my strange butt muscle cramp type thing (think it's piriformis) and my hips clunking and popping (think it's IT band issue/snapping hip syndrome) I am lucky I got those steps in at all!  I did finally pull out my real walking shoes and it makes a slight difference.  They are, at least, lighter and breathable and have a nice supportive sole. 
With hormones shifting I did let loose a little on food this weekend, but for some reason my stomach was not really cooperating, started feeling bad after I had lunch at church, which isn't too insane of food. I have been extra tired and worn down lately too and then this morning I realized what might be the culprit; vitamins.  I have been so inconsistent with taking my vitamins over the past couple weeks and not only have I felt more run-down but also my sun allergy is the worst it's ever been this summer and I should be taking my prescribed Vitamin D3 and I've been totally slacking.  I remember to take them about twice a week or so.  Not good.  That's just a guess.  Now that I thought of it I will make sure to get back on track with taking them consistently.  It'll be interesting to see if it makes a difference. 
I still have a tendency to let the weekends and Monday mornings be too lax foodwise.  I am always bored with food which may mean I'm not letting myself get hungry enough before eating.  I feel like my body is already starting to make some changes, moving faster and closer to menopause and it concerns me a little.  I am also noticing more "seeking" behaviors with food.  Looking for an exciting bite or taste or feeling.  I have always done this, looking for pleasure or wow with food.  Maybe it's time to add some more spice to what I'm eating.  I think in fall I am going to commit to experiementing with seasonings more.  And maybe I'll take the time to clean up the grill and figure out some things to try.  I have let planned food become cumbersome and boring and then it's an uphill battle when it comes to eating it. 
I am trying another meatless option this week, as I haven't really found a meatless burger crumble that I like the texture of.
 I am hoping this works.  I am trying it with taco seasoning because this week I'm having taco salads for lunch.  That is my exciting food change this week, trying something new.  I am expecting to not like it, but I hopeful that it will prove me wrong. 
This week is going well as far as getting my steps in.  I was a little short on Sunday so I'll have to make up for it a little, but I think it is accomplishable.  My other goals for the week are to get back into doing hip-opening yoga and the session that I found specifically for piriformis too.  I will post a link to both soon.  I've been really fortunate that we haven't had much rain in the morning lately so I can get out and walk in nature.  It helps me appreciate summer more and puts me in a better mood.  Not a bad way to start the day!  I'm happy that I am actually making good use of my precious extra morning time during the kids' summer break.  I dread the busy mornings of the school year, but for now I will allow myself to enjoy the calmer pace that affords me time to get those extra steps in!  It's not exactly a habit or an urge to go walking yet, especially because my hips and butt are acting up, but I can always keep challenging myself if that continues to work.  I have to use any trick that will work! 
Well, time to eat a snack and get some steps in!  Happy Tuesday!



Comments

Popular Posts