A Little Shaky

After a casual, cooler morning, I hopped on my mat to make Day 15 sizzle.  I am really proud of myself for sticking to this, even on the weekends when it would be logical to slip into a weaker resolve.  To be honest, doing this yoga is helping to keep my head clearer and what I've read about overcoming emotional and binge eating has helped too.  Usually when I get home from the grocery store I just dig into whatever treats I want to right away (because I am genuinely hungry by that time).  This weekend, the minute I got inside my house with the groceries, the tornado alarms started going off and the kids, dog and I took shelter in the bathroom.  There were such strong winds, and several confirmed tornadoes in neighboring areas, but fortunately we were spared in my neighborhood.  I did comfort eat after that but it was not a binge-style urgent thing.  I'm still learning.  The rest of the weekend, though, was clean and I felt pretty good!
Today was about a 25 minute session and even though the first half felt like we wern't really doing anything strenuous, I felt myself getting warm in a good way, like my muscles were letting go of tension.  We did another balancing pose today, Moon pose, and like all the balancing poses, it kicked my booty all over the place, but my shaking legs stuck it out and I got it done!  It will be interesting to see how long it takes my strength to build before it becomes easier to do these balancing poses.
I feel and see changes in my body already, even though how I look wasn't my motivation for doing this.  My clothes fit looser, enough to have to be pulling certain skirts up at the waist an annoying amount of times during the day.  I don't really notice it in the mirror yet, but I sure feel good.  In life, that matters so much more than how I look. 
That's about all my babble for today!  Happy Monday!

Comments

Popular Posts