Feel Good Friday

In case you are doing the 30 day yoga challenge or maybe will in the future, I will tell you Day 19 is really nice.  21 minutes of smoth flowing movement and some nice upper body stretches. We took it easy on the core today, except for one held plank and one hovering cat which is not bad.  My body feels like that was a much appreciated break from the harder stuff.  I was particularly grateful there were no balancing poses today.  I mean, it's Friday right?  I could use a lighter day heading into the weekend. 
That being said, I am feeling a little anticipitory sadness for the end of the challenge.  Sure, I know she has a multitude of other classes, some even sequencial, but there will always be something special about this period of time when I was just learning, just opening up, and trying these postures and poses for the first time.  I have considered repeating the same challenge but I think it would equally fun to try something else.  I didn't expect to get emotionally attached!  Ha ha.
So because social media have their spy systems everywhere, and I have been doing my yoga on YouTube, I keep getting Facebook ads for DDP Yoga and it is very inspiring stories of how much weight people have lost doing that program.  It is really inspiring, I watch every one of those ads when they show up because it is so gratifying watching people who struggle just to do basic things like walk unaided actually get to such a fit, healthy level where they are mastering poses I haven't even begin to consider trying.  To see the transformation is really uplifting.  I realize that program is different than what I'm doing and I may not have super dramatic results, but I will tell you that I am starting to see some positive changes already, not just in how my rings are all loose and my clothes are getting looser too, but in my attitude, lessening of aches and pains and even my posture.  I am also starting to notice my shoulder caps are there, usually they are buried under a lot of fluff but now I can see them!  What a joy that is to see the results of my effort before my eyes!  I am putting in effort, but it's not wiping me out to do it. 
So there's my Yoga Glow for today.  I'm a yoga nut right now and proud of it! 
Happy Friday everyone!

Comments

  1. You are amazing! I still haven’t tried the yoga challenge (I know...bad Maryfran!). But I get more and more interested with each post you make!!! I am trying to figure out the best time in my day....it’s looking like waking up 45 minutes earlier (grrrrr 5:30 already is early....4:45 seems horrid!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh I know! Iwill have to get up no later than 4:15 to make it work during the school year. I have to remind myself, I am tired no matter what time I wake up! Thanks for your support!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts