Magnificent!

Last night, and for the past few nights, I have gotten very drained in the afternoon.  I get very stuffy in my sinuses and nose and feel that draining feeling like my arms don't want to move unless it's vital to my exsistence.  When I had this feeling before I found out I was low on iron, but I do have that checked every year and so far it's been good.  Maybe it's the extreme humidity or just a sinus infection.  It hit me as I was about to make dinner that maybe it's because I am requiring more of my body and cutting back on carbs/ cleaning up my diet.  So I had a bean burrito with cheese and sour cream last night to see if some extra carbs and calories would help stoke the fires again.  This morning I woke feeling refreshed and really good.  I am not as sore from the yoga this week as I was the first week, which makes me feel like I am moving with more fluidity. 
Day 12 of the yoga challenge was about 17 minutes long, but that doesn't mean it was easy-breezy!  We held Tree Pose for what felt like an eternity.  Adriene (the instructor) said the balancing poses let you know what is 'going on' right away.  While I have done this pose with my foot in a lower position, today I did it with my foot high up like the photo
I do not own the rights to this photo

And my leg I was balancing on was shaking, I lost my balance a few times, but I stuck with it despite the burn, and tried to keep breathing to help keep me stable.  I was so relieved when we switched legs!  Afterword, though, I felt a rush of blood to my entire legs and glutes and I could tell these are areas that really need some work.  So here is sneaky Adriene working my core like a boss and I am actually enjoying it!  More than that, I actually look forward to doing this every morning.  That's a big huge deal for me, and that's why I think yoga will be my thing, something I can continue doing for a long time. 
I see my chiropractor every 2 weeks for a scoliatic curve in my spine, this was discovered about a year ago, after hip pain drove me to figure out what was misaligned.  My spine was so twisted that my feet were a full inch different in length when we got started.  I have been gradually been able to lessen my visits as my spine is getting better and better with his care, and at the moment I am down to 2 visits a month.  At the end of July I will have a new thermal scan of my spine and I am crossing my fingers that my spine looks so good that he will release me from care.  I was reading some of the comments on the Day 12 yoga video and some people were saying that their chiropractor "prescribed" yoga for them when they had back issues, so I can see how that would be an excellent way to rehab.  My chiropractor "prescribed" planks for me, I'm sure for the core strengthening, but he never pushed the issue and I only did them a handful of times.  So now I am starting to connect it all up, and hoping the yoga will help me not need the chiropractor anymore.  All of my pain I had when I started seeing him is gone.  This is the first summer I can remember not limping around on a painful hip that felt like it had lava inside it!  A few years ago I started my self-care with going back to the dentist after a 12 year break (ugh, I don't recommend that) and then the chiropractor was another huge step along with reading Geneen Roth books that helped me examine the internal chaos that spoke to my emotional eating.  Now with adding the yoga, I feel like things are all coming together.  I feel a balance that I don't know if I've ever had in my life.  I don't feel bad that it took 46 years to acheive this, I am eternally grateful that I have this knowledge at a point in my life when I have so much life left, and I know now that what I have left is going to be magnificent!

Comments

  1. Yay!! I love it when things seem to fall in place!!! Woohooo!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right! Sometimes you just gotta find your groove, even if it takes 46 years!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts