Back on the Upside.

Sometimes the weekends and Mondays end up so busy I don't get a chance to blog and boy my old brain has to try and recall all the details on Tuesday, it's not as easy as it once was. LOL
I will try to be brief in my recap.
Friday night we went to dinner at a restaurant that used to be our favorite when the boys were young.  Though it has changed cosmetically, the food is fantastic (they have a spicy ahi tuna wrap that is so fresh it almost melts in my mouth) and the flood of nostalgia filled me with such warmth.  I was smiling a lot. 
Saturday I almost skipped yoga because when I know we are going to go out and do something, and I still have to make a grocery list and get groceries (very time consuming) I always stress out that I am going to hold up the show, so to speak.  But as I was debating whether or not to do it I told myself to stop putting everyone else first, told myself I am not only allowed but worth whatever time it takes to make things good for myself. I did the yoga and I felt really good.  And like most times, my worrying and stressing out was for nothing, when I got home my husband was still at the gym and no one was waiting on me.  We had a great time exploring and finding a new beach.  It was overcast all day, which has a naturally therapeutic feel to me, my mind is more relaxed and things feel more magical when it's overcast.  We also drove through a state park that has magnificent views from on top of a cliff overlooking the bay.  Just gliding through a canopy of lush green trees feels majestic and the early fall smells...I took so many deep breaths just to capture that smell of the vegetation thriving on the earthy moist soil.  Spectacular!  We ended our adventures with dinner at Taco Bell. LOL.  I had some tacos and they were just meh.  I don't like Taco Bell's beef or seasoning too much but I love tacos so, it worked but it wasn't my fave. Anyway, we had a great day and ended with a movie, which is rare for us.
Sunday we were supposed to have church but it was a subject we were really not feeling, something very redundant this season, and the fact that it takes up half a day away from our sons made us decide not to go.  I slept in and woke with a horrible sinus headache that the medicine wasn't touching.  I spent most of the day really mellow in a comfy chair and in my bed.  At one point I felt guilty for not being more productive but I talked back to that negative voice in my head, reminding it that I rarely take as much downtime as I'm sure my body could use.  I did do my yoga in the morning and some light housework, but the rest of the day was spent relaxing.  At dinnertime I decided to have some curried lentil soup and added some extra cayenne to it so it would help open my sinuses.  That and some saline spray started to make me feel so much better.  We watched another movie.  I am not really a big fan of watching movies anymore, it is such a time waster, but we don't do it often so I guess it's no biggie. 
Monday was day 30 of my 30-day challenge.  Again, Adriene turned off her mic and encouraged us to do what feels right or good instead of following to the letter.  I started off doing some of my favorites, Cat Cow, Pigeon, twists for my back, but I found about 15 minutes into it I was really bored so I followed her for the rest.  It was a great workout and it really set the mood for my Monday.  I did a little patio sitting, meditation and appreciation practice and they all made me feel really alive/content/present; all the things I wish I could feel bunched up in a morning. It made my work day flow much smoother and I was happier in general.  And you know, being happy in a sales position makes for better relations with my customers, and I had really good sales yesterday.
Today I started my next 30-day Yoga series, still with Yoga With Adriene, this one is called Yoga Camp.  Today's session was pretty mellow and I can handle that because yesterday I did some crow pose (attempts) and I can feel that today in my upper body.
I have a new big project that I want to incorporate but I don't have a set plan for it yet, so when I do I will blog about it. 
Well that catches me up on the blog-a-doodle for now.  Hope you are having a great start to your week!

Comments

  1. My weekends are the same… Busy and hard to remember sometimes. I’m glad you took the time to sit back and relax on sunday...sometimes our bodies need that time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! I don't do enough of that, and I usually regret it during the week.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts