Wednesday's Gift of Energy

Yesterday was a tough day to get through.  I was so drained of energy all day and it was Day 6 of my current 30-day yoga challenge (Yoga with Adriene "Yoga Camp" series) and that means abs day.  This particular Day 6 was grueling!  By the time I got done I felt a little nauseated from all the blood rushing into these muscles I don't train often. I dragged myself through the day, barely awake, with a sinus headache I wouldn't wish on anyone, and my ears felt so over-sensitive that by the time I got home I just wanted to eat something high fat and snuggle in a fuzzy blanket in a quiet room.  We got Subway for dinner and that really hit the spot after a calorie-deficient day (work got in the way of eating unfortunately).  I started to feel better after that and added a hot bubble bath for good measure.  At the end of the night I told myself that if I felt that drained in the morning that I would skip yoga and get a little extra sleep. 
Fortunately, I slept so good and woke feeling rested and ready to get things fired up.  We did a lot of leg work today, including Tree pose.  I am slowly getting better at it but it still makes my legs and butt burn (in a good way) and when I'm done it feels amazing; all the parts that I take for granted for getting me around every day feel awake and alive. 
I sneaked a peak ahead to tomorrow's session and it is very gentle stretching, restorative and I think that's going to feel fantastic heading into my last day of work before my 4-day, family trip weekend.  I'm not sure if I'll do yoga over the weekend since we'll be on the road and then officially "on vacation", but I'm not bringing my mat and block so if I do it I will be roughing it.  The log home we rented has a giant covered porch out front and it is in the woods, that seems like it will be the perfect place to do yoga in the morning.  I imagine I will be spending a bunch of time on that porch this weekend!  It sounds so amazing to me right now!
As the summer slips through my hands, I am noticing myself disconnecting to the natural therpy of being outside.  I will need constant reminders for myself to be out there, even for a few minutes; time for myself to clear my head and get grounded.  When I am out with the dog I am not in the right headspace for it to be therapeutic, especially on work-day mornings. So I will try and get into some sort of habit of getting some outside time every day.  This could be a great time to meditate or give thanks as well. 
Yesterday's energy drain has me wanting to research these hormonal shifts.  I was in mid-cycle the past couple days and I am noticing that the deeper into periomenopause I get, the worse the mid-cycle gets for me in energy drain and irritability.  I want to find time to research ways that foods can help and also maybe I will try supplements again.  I have tried Evening Primrose Oil in vitamin form, and Estroven and neither seemed to do much, but that was more than a year ago and maybe I didn't give them a fair enough shot.  If anyone has tried something that works, please feel free to leave a comment below!  I can't take hormone replacements or the pill because I have gotten blood clots in my legs from them in the past.  They are controversial anyway, and I'd rather go the natural path.
Anyway, I'm gratful for any day when I don't feel so drained of energy and today is one of those lucky days!  I'm so looking forward to my mini-vacation that nothing can bring me down today! 
Happy Wednesday!  Hope it's fantastic!

Comments

  1. Have fun on your mini vacation! We are counting down to our vacation!!! It is soo needed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MaryFran- Yay!! Vacations rule! Have fun on yours too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts